Audiopipe APCL-15001D on SMD Amp Dyno at 0.5 ohms Dynamic RMS

bigdwiz
10+ year member

Old School Rulz!
NC
Quick Dynamic Power run on the Amp Dyno.... Audiopipe APCL-15001D.

I don't work for Audiopipe, wasn't paid to do this test, it is my mission to stay independent on my tests so there is no question as to the results I obtain. I'm doing this for you guys, don't really care about the results, but I must admit...results like this make me smile...

And before you ask, yes, I have the full test forthcoming...4, 2 and 1 ohm at certified (1% THD), uncertified (to clipping) and dynamic RMS (burst to clipping)

Quick Dynamic Power run on the Amp Dyno.... Audiopipe APCL-15001D.
I don't work for Audiopipe, wasn't paid to do this test, it is my mission to stay independent on my tests so there is no question as to the results I obtain. I'm doing this for you guys, don't really care about the results, but I must admit...results like this make me smile...

And before you ask, yes, I have the full test forthcoming...4, 2 and 1 ohm at certified (1% THD), uncertified (to clipping) and dynamic RMS (burst to clipping)

ill be sure to check this out when i get off work....

^^ clean? stable only to 1 ohm?

tha's decent pwr for the price..... twood be good to hear how long it would last at .5ohms tho

Last edited by a moderator:
Amp does 2810W@13.48V and .5ohm. That's the gist of it.
lmao... ill bet it does.... dont you mean minus the "2" on the 2810 lol

---------- Post added at 12:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 AM ----------

^^ clean? stable only to 1 ohm?
tha's decent pwr for the price..... twood be good to hear how long it would last at .5ohms tho
thats was a joke.

Lol yeah the guy who admins the page didn't like the fact that I was calling him out on this amp test, the pictures could have very easily been faked. BUT, yes, we now have video proof this amp makes a lot of power.
If only that was in the real world....

I understand this was a resistive load test, not taking into account rise. But honestly if this is 100% true and accurate you gotta admit it's pretty impressive, too.
Lol .... No .. Its a milla second burp at a .5 load on a machine... .Google some real world audiopipe clamps .. Or try one yourself then come back on and tell me how impressed you are ..

Lol .... No .. Its a milla second burp at a .5 load on a machine... .Google some real world audiopipe clamps .. Or try one yourself then come back on and tell me how impressed you are ..
On the same model? Didn't try google but I haven't seen any testing of this model except for this one

Exactly. Burst power is meaningless. Might as well be the manufacturer's posted MAX spec. Will be interested to see what it does on the certified ratings, though.

On the same model? Didn't try google but I haven't seen any testing of this model except for this one
You think a different heat sink is gunna make a 150$ Amp magically start performing better daily ? .. And if you think you will ever see close to 2,800 in your car your nutts

Exactly. Burst power is meaningless. Might as well be the manufacturer's posted MAX spec. Will be interested to see what it does on the certified ratings, though.
And what is music but a series of short bursts? The dynamic burst test on the AD-1 is the closest simulation to music one can get on resistive load and music happens to be what 99%+ audio amplifiers are used for. Peak ratings, on the other hand, are merely expressions of power in a square wave and thus, are indeed meaningless.

Not to mention, this is the same dynamic burst test that any other amplifier can be subjected to so even though it isn't some exact replication of a music track, it is an accurate and repeatable method of testing more than one amplifier's performance in an "all other things being equal" environment... which is requisite of any test which seeks scientific accuracy.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

bigdwiz

10+ year member
Old School Rulz!
bigdwiz
NC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date