S-10 blowthrough help sub selection

RickyRoss91

PA
So maybe looking into getting new sub/subs.

May do blowthrough in my truck it's a single cab s10.

What is a good sub setup for my truck with L port box.

Want this setup to crush lows. Like the sundown x15

2 c2 audio 12's are affordable.

1 15? , 2 12's? Or what else

Running off of soundstream reference 1000.1

More input the better . If you have an idea what about box volume and tuning

Don't want to upgrade power. Just want more output in the low end as much as possible. Just saying I like the x 15 and that could help achieve my goal if hitting lows.

I'd like to keep the box small as possible , like I 15. But could make it work for 2 12's. I don't care how big the box is , just because i would only cut the cab to fit port and subs in cab

Don't want to upgrade power. Just want more output in the low end as much as possible. Just saying I like the x 15 and that could help achieve my goal if hitting lows.
I'd like to keep the box small as possible , like I 15. But could make it work for 2 12's. I don't care how big the box is , just because i would only cut the cab to fit port and subs in cab
I'd try to find a good low power subs that's great for a 4th order box

i did a blowthrough in my buddies s10 with two soundqubed sd12s....it did 145 on the meter with one hifonics 2400....since then hes upgraded to the hdc3s and added another hifonics 2400...he may be in the 150s now i dont think hes metered it yet...it moves a lot of air ik that

Let's get some real suggestions here. Specific ones. Difference of 2 12s and one 15. Like an x 15 compaired to 2 c2 threatcon 2s. What kin of differences would I see

Let's get some real suggestions here. Specific ones. Difference of 2 12s and one 15. Like an x 15 compaired to 2 c2 threatcon 2s. What kin of differences would I see
I would go with the x over the c2 subs any day difference will be mostly about the box. The box is 80% of your build

A question:

Is there some sort of box volume to port area ratio that will affect the sound of a box.

Like what's a big box volume and small port area going to sound like

What's a small box with big port area going to sound like

A question:
Is there some sort of box volume to port area ratio that will affect the sound of a box.

Like what's a big box volume and small port area going to sound like

What's a small box with big port area going to sound like
Usually a big box small port can be very peaky even choke the airflow and may sound like a sealed box. Too much port can be bad as well it may tune the box too high It really depends on what you wNt to accomplish here Like I said with that small amount of power is do a 4th other. It will yield the loudest results with little power

Port size is driver and tuning dependant. And like the box volume, should not be contemplated until you've decided on a driver(s). You can't just decide to use a large port and then go choose a driver with low xmax because the end result will be unloading. Likewise, if you decide on low port area and choose a driver with a lot of xmax, you have port noise.

If you want to slam the lows, choose your sub(s) and put them in a quarter wave transmission line. My preference is less cone area and stronger motor force and with the amount of height you have I would think two SA-10s would be best, since you're only running 1kW.

What frequency and volume should a 1/4 wave box be tuned to?
¼ wave t-lines are normally tuned to the driver's Fs and the volume of the cabinet is determined by tuning frequency & the surface area of the driver(s).

Generally speaking, a 30Hz tuned line for one ten would be about 3 cubes. For two, it would be exactly double. For a fifteen it would be ~9 cubes. But a transmission line isn't a box, it's a line. In simple terms, it's one long port and the length is determined by dividing the speed of sound by the tuning frequency and then dividing the product by 4. Hence, ¼ wave(length) line.

They are incredibly efficient alignments from the top of the sub bass range all the way down to about one full octave below tuning.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.