SS Rubicon 2500d vs 2 Apsm 2ks

Participant count
  • Participant list

bgowdy
5,000+ posts

Heroes are remembered, but legends never die
This may be a odd comparison, but im trying to decide which would be better. I already have 1 apsm2k now.

I have came down to this, i can run 2 apsm 2k's strapped or a Rubicon 2500 @ .5ohm. I can sell my mine and buy a Ruby2500d for about the same price as the 2nd apsm2k. Im thinking in the end that they will be about the same amount of power seeing the apsm2k turns REALLY dirty when ran hard so i dont plan to push for 4k because i know AP's wont do it, and the rubicon is a more reliable amp overall.

Electrical for either scenario is not a problem, mines good.

Opinions, pls and thank you. I need to know pretty quik because someones wanting my APSM2k.

I'd go with the rubicon. More reliable and I bet it puts out the same amount of power as the apsms strapped
Thats what i was thinking, if the apsms do more power, it wont be by that much

Probably won't notice much difference between them. And the Soundstream is better quality IMO
I know it is, im not really hard on or abuse my equipment. I think i am leaning towards getting the ruby.

Might see if you could find an older dtr3400
It was designed to be ran at .5 and should cost about the same
yea but everyone i know that have them dont want to part with em lol. i did have one //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Yes that dtr3400 is a very solid amp if u can find one
yea they but are hard to come by lol..... i was also looking into the Soundstream TA1.3000d which is rated 3k @ .5ohm & 2500 @ 1ohm.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

bgowdy

5,000+ posts
Heroes are remembered, but legends never die
bgowdy
Campbellsville, Ky
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date