which 18s or 15s

Participant count
  • Participant list

Camarillo
10+ year member

i think the time is right to buy some equipment. although i won’t be be able to run it i’de rather purchase now and take advantage of some great offers.

been thinking on grabbing a pair of 18s for my 2nd gen durango. ( possibly 15s since they are for daily music )

ssa has great deals so i semi narrowed it down.

i understand they are ALL different subs for different uses. but i want a ground pounder not chasing numbers. and since i don’t have any experience with any other subs than what i’ve owned i would like to get personal experience. i have read other threads but i won’t be pushing each sub 3k+ only around 2k.

2 fi sp4

2 ssa zcon

2 zv4

or 2 platform 3

roughly around same prices, 2 are about what i can afford to buy. possibly 3 but i wasn’t sure on what i could fit in the 2nd gen durango behind c pillar. so 2 for now in a box. later in a c pillar wall if i feel like adding more power. like i said i won’t even be able to install just want to save something while i can. thanks. any questions let me know!

I like the Zcon's, especially since they are on sale, but I am biased. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I like the Zcon's, especially since they are on sale, but I am biased. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
man i really think this will be my decision. since i will be playing music daily, rap, spanish, rock, or some zip files you think they will sound good on music? im thinking 2 18s!! ssa has me feeling some type of way with their prices!!

man i really think this will be my decision. since i will be playing music daily, rap, spanish, rock, or some zip files you think they will sound good on music? im thinking 2 18s!! ssa has me feeling some type of way with their prices!!
i'd say for your music choice and the power your going to run, 2 Xcon 18s tuned to 30-34 would be better especially for la musica de espanol where you really need that high hertz jam in the sound. I'd pick the Xcons over the Zcon because fully powered subs always sound better to me then underpowered subs when it comes to playing higher frequencies, plus the Xcons have shorting rings which helps a lot with the higher hertz extension. No need to worry about the low end, it'll sound gnarly as hell too.

i'd say for your music choice and the power your going to run, 2 Xcon 18s tuned to 30-34 would be better especially for la musica de espanol where you really need that high hertz jam in the sound. I'd pick the Xcons over the Zcon because fully powered subs always sound better to me then underpowered subs when it comes to playing higher frequencies, plus the Xcons have shorting rings which helps a lot with the higher hertz extension. No need to worry about the low end, it'll sound gnarly as hell too.
but i only save $90 on Xcons when i can save $100 on Zcons! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

but i only save $90 on Xcons when i can save $100 on Zcons! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
I've already said my piece what would sound best for your music choice and the power you want to run. Subs with higher RMS ratings doesnt always mean louder and better sounding when you account in the actual power your going to feed them along with enclosure design. But i guess... its your money lol happy spending!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.