Help me decide please, buying amp tomorrow. AQ, CT, AA

Bwap

CarAudio.com Elite
NY
Ok so I bought a tc 5200 and have a mmats 3500.05, so im looking at getting a different amp for correct wiring. I decided that I wanted the option to run two in the future, so I want about 4k rms at my disposal. That leaves me to amp options, which I have narrowed down to a few but more than open to options.

CT Sounds 4000.1

AQ/SQ 3500.1d

AA 500.1 "The Fix"

Can anyone give me any good reason I should pick one over the other?

Which is most powerful?..(I believe the order of most powerful to least is CT, AA, AQ)

Which of these amps has the cleanest sound?.. (I heard the AQ had the least sound quality out of these)

Which is the most reliable?..(Again it seems like the AQ might take this one)

Which is most efficient?.. (no clue about this one)

I could be way off with these thoughts, its just what ive read, maybe it will stir up a good point? lol

The CT is almost double the price of the SQ today. You could look at getting 7k rms for a a little over a grand but if paying an extra $400 is worth the bass knob go for it

The CT is almost double the price of the SQ today. You could look at getting 7k rms for a a little over a grand but if paying an extra $400 is worth the bass knob go for it
I'd go SQ then but if equally match or within a couple hundred dollars I'd go ct.........

I'd avoid the third option personally. Out of the CT, and SQ, I would buy whatever I got a better deal on. With a 4k sub stage. I would have a hard time believing anyone could tell the difference in sound quality between the three in a blind test.

Thanks for the input everyone.. I am pretty sure im going with the CT seeing as its only $100 more and seems quite a bit more beastly.

The ct 4k is a upgraded RD D9, should put out a good amount more power and has the sick bass knob and prolly less thd.

As far as hearing distortion, I have a keen ear for it.. nothing I hate more honestly, it blurs all the notes into one sound the more distortion.

The autotek mean machine my friend was running had .3% THD and was the worst sounding POS I ever heard, makes me really worry about the 1% rating on the AQ.. being 3x more than the worst amp I have heard. I was 100% set on the AQ until yesterday haha.. anyone want to try and make an argument for why I should get the AQ over the CT?

Thanks for the input everyone.. I am pretty sure im going with the CT seeing as its only $100 more and seems quite a bit more beastly.The ct 4k is a upgraded RD D9, should put out a good amount more power and has the sick bass knob and prolly less thd.

As far as hearing distortion, I have a keen ear for it.. nothing I hate more honestly, it blurs all the notes into one sound the more distortion.

The autotek mean machine my friend was running had .3% THD and was the worst sounding POS I ever heard, makes me really worry about the 1% rating on the AQ.. being 3x more than the worst amp I have heard. I was 100% set on the AQ until yesterday haha.. anyone want to try and make an argument for why I should get the AQ over the CT?
You're hearing sub distortion, not the amp. Your money, spend it where you choose. I'd have gotten the AQ/SQ amp during the Black Friday deal....

Thanks for the input everyone.. I am pretty sure im going with the CT seeing as its only $100 more and seems quite a bit more beastly.The ct 4k is a upgraded RD D9, should put out a good amount more power and has the sick bass knob and prolly less thd.

There is zero chance anyone is "hearing" 0.3% distortion. Whether you realize it or not, 1% is inaudible on a sub stage as well. The aq is a steal. The ct is nice, but I wouldn't buy it based on that gimmicky bass knob Lmao.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.