Is a Hifonics Brutus a "good enough" amp?

ckunke002
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Last edited by a moderator:
I understand that this is a relatively budget amp. On one hand reviews for them are all good, but some people trash on them here. It seems to be one of the top amps that will do 1k at 1 ohm for 150 bucks.
If I go into this not expecting top of the line efficiency and probably a bit underrated, will I be satisfied? Lol

Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Hifonics BRX1100.1D Brutus Vehicle Mono Subwoofer Amplifier
Honestly, I doubt the 1100 actually does close to 1k, you're much better off going with something by Precision Power. If you're looking for 1k at 1 ohm, I'd get this: PPI BK1300.1D

Just set your gains properly and you'll be fine.

Hifonics is entry level, IMO. Several of their amps don't do rated, and they aren't what they used to be. Another company riding on their reputation from the 90's.

I have ran hifonics amps before and all ima ssay is back then for me it was more than enuff power with two bxi2008D's claming 4k rms.. look for a used bxi2008D seems to be one of the few amps u can still find for cheap from hifonics that dose n e wear close to rated..probly dose 1k rms maby 1500 with 16v....I talked to many people about n e thing they sell now.. DONT BUY IT!!!!

i'm interested to see what sort of replys you get //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i'm interested to see what sort of replys you get //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Because you're wondering the question too, or because it's a bad question and the pros are going to rip me apart on it? hahah

You have a double edge sword here..."Affordable", "1k watts", "1ohm", and "reliable for years" is tough to find in one amp.

Take the "affordable" part out of the equation and you will be set "for years"

I would look into Arc Audio amps, maybe the ks1200.1 would work well for you...it wont cost a few hundred bucks though....but if wired correctly, it will last for years, provide rated power if not more, and make you happy.

I'd find a BRZ1200. Great budget amp, it'll do your 1K, and in my opinion, the BRZ line is the best Hifonics has ever offered.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.