Good 6.5" or 6.75" Component Set for Around $170 or Less

Ryegye

They will be going in a regular cab Silverado. I will be running an amp to them but I still need to pick one out. I mostly listen to rock and I just want something that will sound nice. I plan on getting a Dayton Audio HO 10" to put in my truck also. I was looking at the Image Dynamics CTX components. Are there better options in that price range?

Get an active capable HU or amp and run these. You won't be disappointed, they sound absolutely amazing in my car. I'm running 150w to each mid.. It's loud enough to keep up with a 3-4k substage and as I said, sounds amazing.

I'm personally running a CZ702 head unit and PPI 900.4 amp on them. Right now the mids have so much excursion that they're hitting the inside of the door panel on notes around 30-60hz.. After I fix that issue I'm going to have them crossed at around a 50hz HPF and 2k LPF. The tweeters are on a 2.5k HPF.

Silver Flute 6.5s

Vifa XT25 Ring Radiator Tweeter

Get an active capable HU or amp and run these. You won't be disappointed, they sound absolutely amazing in my car. I'm running 150w to each mid.. It's loud enough to keep up with a 3-4k substage and as I said, sounds amazing.
I'm personally running a CZ702 head unit and PPI 900.4 amp on them. Right now the mids have so much excursion that they're hitting the inside of the door panel on notes around 30-60hz.. After I fix that issue I'm going to have them crossed at around a 50hz HPF and 2k LPF. The tweeters are on a 2.5k HPF.

Silver Flute 6.5s

Vifa XT25 Ring Radiator Tweeter
These are on my list to get soon.

I've heard lots of people say that the MS-62c are lacking in midbass. The tweets are awesome though.
^^^This. The MS components are definitely rock-solid provided you have a competent sub stage. Even in well-sealed and deadened doors, they really didn't like playing anything below 90-100Hz for me. If you need to get extension below that, look at the JBL P660C instead as they tend to perform better on the midbass end than the midrange.

I've read good things about he JBL MS62c components but for some reason Crutchfield lists them as not fitting my truck. I am not sure why. I found the above mentioned Diamond Audio speakers for a good price and I also found these Diamond Audio D364.5. Does anyone have any experience with them?

I've heard lots of people say that the MS-62c are lacking in midbass. The tweets are awesome though.

You can't have a perfect sounding speaker in this price range. Usually something will be lacking. If you want to reverse the speaker properties, check out the Morel Maximo. They have excellent reviews, with bass being the strength of the package, but some people say that the tweeters are too loud or bright.

You can't have a perfect sounding speaker in this price range. Usually something will be lacking. If you want to reverse the speaker properties, check out the Morel Maximo. They have excellent reviews, with bass being the strength of the package, but some people say that the tweeters are too loud or bright.
The silver flutes and vifas I recommended have very nice output and come to a total of around $120... The mids can be crossed as low as 32hz and the mid bass hits you in the chest. The xt25s also have a very nice on-axis response

It's pretty silly to buy "car audio" speakers. Half of the price you're paying is for the convenience of having a set you can just throw in the door with a passive crossover

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.