"New" car choice!! need opinions!

Only The Best
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
texas
just now going to get rid of my dodge ram 1500 2005 with 150k miles on it... just about ran her to the grave...

Now im looking around a 16-28k range for a vehicle... I'm lovin the H3 hummers / new dodge challengers/chargers but I would only go with the V8. Infinity and possibly BMW are next on the list but from those choices you can kinda see where I'm going. I have a 1969 camaro in the garage with 650 HP to the rear so speed isnt what im mainly aiming for.

Heres what I've found so far. Feel free to add some input!

charger 2013 low miles

Used 2013 Dodge Charger SXT

hummer h3

2008 Hummer H3

another h3

2007 Hummer H3 SUV | Tomball, Texas | Tomball Ford

Was going to suggest something like the wrx sti and build it... but seeing the kind of vehicles you go for...what about something like a vette? or cts? The hummer walled would be super crazy though.

really just a daily driver going to put around 3000 watts into whatever im getting.

this is my current truck im tryin to sell

If your thinking of a SUV, you should look into the Ford Flex ecoboost- You could tow that boat, wall it, and it comes with a 200A alt;
if I was going to get a SUV I kinda want something big and flashy, im not really into the lowriders and what not, I live in texas and I would be takin it offroadin. But that stock 200A alt sounds good I'm just not a fan of the small SUV look.

if I was going to get a SUV I kinda want something big and flashy, im not really into the lowriders and what not, I live in texas and I would be takin it offroadin. But that stock 200A alt sounds good I'm just not a fan of the small SUV look.
Just because it has a stock 200a alt doesn't mean it can supply much more power to a sound system than say a 140a alt. New vehicles these days come with much bigger alternators than they did 15 years ago, let alone 30 years ago. My grandpa was telling me about alternators in cars when he got his first car, it was a 30a alt and that was big for vehicles at the time. New vehicles need these big alternators for higher power equipment and more equipment in general, such as HID headlights, all the monitoring systems that come with them these days, and all the computers needed just to make the car run.

tldr- a 200a alt doesn't mean more power available.

Accord. about the only thing better, is Lexus

2013-honda-accord-hfp-sema.jpg

That does look nice, however whatever I get I'm aiming for 4 doors. I should have stated that in the beginning. I do like that body style though, but I would choose a BMW if I was aiming towards that body style of a car. possibly the CTS that the other person opted for but I have yet to find a decent looking one that isn't "pimped" out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.