Kicker L3

Hello all, I just purchased my headunit and installed it, the amp kit is coming in the mail by Monday and should be installed same day if I have time.

Next thing on the list is a Sub, would you recommend 1 L3 or two round 40CWS124? I would be running a 500 RMS amp for either setup. Just looking to see which set up would throw more bass and sound better.

The AMP I am considering is the MRV-M500 from alpine since they are pretty cheap now.

My budget is well, not much that is why I was looking at the MRV, I have about 100 for each item, I found an MRV-M500 for 120 shipped on eBay, and L3 for 86 shipped. What other options do I have for a 500 RMS amp or sub?

Every used kicker I've seen are terrible, don't go for it's used.
I got a L3 for a good price, and a Kenwood KAC 9105d (900 watt rms). What should I do to not blow my sub up?
Don't crank your gain.

And the only reason you've had such bad experiences with used products from Kicker is because they deteriorate so quickly. Regardless of whether you buy new or used, they're not going to be 'awesome' for too long.

Don't crank your gain.
And the only reason you've had such bad experiences with used products from Kicker is because they deteriorate so quickly. Regardless of whether you buy new or used, they're not going to be 'awesome' for too long.
I've only had good luck with their "higher" end stuff. I just threw an older Silver CVR in my buddies trunk, it still slams.

gains can be set as high as your mechanical and thermal limits can take given that its all clean and unclipped power. If its clean on the O-scope, doesnt bottom out and barely gets warm after hours of pounding then your pretty safe.

That amp actually does a little over 900 rms and his sub is only rated at 400 but most higher end kickers can handle an extra 100 or so but if he puts it over half to much he'll prolly blow that sub
But it should still be set properly with an o-scope...not just under half? That's why I asked why....why not set it right?

Hello all, I just purchased my headunit and installed it, the amp kit is coming in the mail by Monday and should be installed same day if I have time.
Next thing on the list is a Sub, would you recommend 1 L3 or two round 40CWS124? I would be running a 500 RMS amp for either setup. Just looking to see which set up would throw more bass and sound better.

The AMP I am considering is the MRV-M500 from alpine since they are pretty cheap now.
The l3 if it has to be out of those 2.

The 40CWS124's are rated for 300 rms each but I've seen a few people blow them pumping 600 rms into 2.

Also the L3 can probably handle more like 500 mabey 550-600

But it should still be set properly with an o-scope...not just under half? That's why I asked why....why not set it right?
Because its better to be safe than sorry I doubt he has an o-scope so I was just trying to tell him what would be best for him if he dont have one.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.