need a stock(ish) head unit with bluetooth

Participant count
  • Participant list

zedicus
10+ year member

i am considering this .

i had an idiot break in and still a worthless walmart dual brand cd player, the idiot left the complete harness (that was worth more then the cd player) so i want to try and put something in that looks stock.

the problem is it is a 95 mitsubishi eclipse, so yeah, its gotta be black with no frills and green or yellow display.

i NEED bluetooth. and i do not care if it really is stock HU out of some other car as long as its din-able. preouts would be nice, but not a deal breaker, i will probably put in a small 4 channel amp and 4 good speakers and leave it at that.

my friend who owns a shop sells these new Hus that all look factory but all have built in navI 4volts out bt all the bells and whistles they even come with all those exspesive adapters you need when you have on star or have steering wheel controls real nice decks ill call him to find out the name

A double DIN will not fit a '95 Eclipse factory dash.

JENSEN AM/FM/WB/CD/RBDS/USB SiriusXM Ready and iPod Ready Stereo with Bluetooth

If you rubbed the branding labels off the top of the faceplate this would probably not earn a second look. I've seen a similar model in some heavy trucks and it's a very utilitarian radio.

Another option is to get a factory radio and add a Bluetooth interface, possibly one from Parrot, and hide that screen when you park the car. A lot of amplifiers can connect to speaker level outputs, so you'd still be able to add an amplifier.

dual din is an option. 1g and 2g eclipse had a 1 din with a cuby. or a dual din if you had premium system. only difference was the bracket.

that jensen could work, but like the VW one i posted its 100$ more then the Rosen 2din that has navi. though the Navi feature is not really going to fit into my "appear stock" on a car from 1995, they are plain looking enough that i bet most the idiots around here wouldn't know one way or another.

dual din is an option. 1g and 2g eclipse had a 1 din with a cuby. or a dual din if you had premium system. only difference was the bracket.
That explains the lack of a double DIN dash trim kit.

that jensen could work, but like the VW one i posted its 100$ more then the Rosen 2din that has navi. though the Navi feature is not really going to fit into my "appear stock" on a car from 1995, they are plain looking enough that i bet most the idiots around here wouldn't know one way or another.
Where are you finding a Rosen double DIN for $240?

219.95 and free shipping.
i do not think the universal 2 din model is as popular as the custom fit models. it would be competing with JVC and Pioneer for the aftermarket.
Ah, I see, you're looking at quite an old model that's refurbished. Rosen, Alpha-Nav, Valor and some others are competing for a different target market than the big name brands. Some people want a navigation touch screen head unit as a modern utilitarian upgrade but they don't want it to look like something made for teens and 20-somethings.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.