Leaving toward PA speakers

Lschevelle
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
LA.
I'm starting to lean towards PA in my doors because their loud. I want something that will keep up with a pair of 15's. Is there a way to make PA sound good? What's are some good brands to look into?

Highly recommend checking out the Lanzar 6PM mids (ebay), Have been running them for nearly a year now, and I bought them used, they are taking more than 150W daily, no problems and they sound surprisingly good.

Highly recommend checking out the Lanzar 6PM mids (ebay), Have been running them for nearly a year now, and I bought them used, they are taking more than 150W daily, no problems and they sound surprisingly good.

I used the Pyle PPA6 from parts express they are $10 each, you can also get them from amazon and it son prime so free shipping. I run 6 of these on a 2 channel amp and its very clear, the only thing i dont like is it has a big white lettering of Pyle on the cone lol. buy 1 of them and try it for $10 you cant go wrong, if you do you tube there is a selenium vs ppa6 review

I used the Pyle PPA6 from parts express they are $10 each, you can also get them from amazon and it son prime so free shipping. I run 6 of these on a 2 channel amp and its very clear, the only thing i dont like is it has a big white lettering of Pyle on the cone lol. buy 1 of them and try it for $10 you cant go wrong, if you do you tube there is a selenium vs ppa6 review

No need to run PA just for a pair of 15s? How many mids and tweets are you running?
"Just for a pair of 15s" is quite the generalization.

Which 15s in what sort of cabinet? How much power? What vehicle are they in?

I'm running Neo Pro 8s in front of two Zv3 15s in a ¼ wave transmission line in a full sized Dodge truck with ~5500 watts on them. A pair of 6.5s on 150 watts each would scarcely keep up with them. The Neos are on 300 wpc.

"Just for a pair of 15s" running e the generalization.
Which 15s in what sort of cabinet? How much power? What vehicle are they in?

I'm running Neo Pro 8s in front of two Zv3 15s in a ¼ wave transmission line in a full sized Dodge truck with ~5500 watts on them. A pair of 6.5s on 150 watts each would scarcely keep up with them. The Neos are on 300 wpc.
Yes was very general but OP didn't say what he's running but yes I can see only one pair of mids may not keep up so why not run more than one set of mids? And keep SQ? Not saying PA sounds horrible although a lot of the time it does, a proper PA set up sounds fine

Yes was very general but OP didn't say what he's running but yes I can see only one pair of mids may not keep up so why not run more than one set of mids? And keep SQ? Not saying PA sounds horrible although a lot of the time it does, a proper PA set up sounds fine
So far I've had no problems with my PA mids keeping up or with sound quality. In fact, the most common comment I get when I demo is that even though the system is loud, it's still crystal clear.

In my opinion, PA speakers can sound great in vehicles with one caveat, which applies to all speakers... if they are set up correctly.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.