GM 250 amp alt

nutxo
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
tacoma
ItItem(s) for Sale: 250 amp dual rectifier GM alternator. Its currently installed in a 95 camaro with an lt1 . cs144 large case. You'll have to check and see if this matches your application. I wont be responsible if it is incompatible with whatever you are trying to install it on.

Item(s) Description/Condition: Ive been using it for a few moths and have had 0 issues with it. I'm going smaller though and wont need it anymore. Its just like this but the fan is different. The fan make zero difference according to my local alternator guy though. I drilled out the threads on the top of the bracket to worth with my stock brackets. On the back bracket I need to grind off a bit to keep it from touching the external rectifier.

CS144 Series 250 amp Extreme Duty Dual Rectifier Alternator

Price: 200 plus shipping and handling

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information: If itll fit it will go in a usps flate rate box. paypal only, no echecks.

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

since someone asked...

Alternators produce AC current, just like the current from your house wall outlet. Then it uses a bridge rectifier, typically with 6 diodes, to convert the AC current to DC for the battery and vehicles electrical system. With Dual Rectifiers, you get 12 Diodes, which spreads the current load over a much larger area making the alternator twice as durable and twice as efficient at converting the AC current it makes to DC. The many benefits include: less heat build up, less current loss, higher amperage output when hot, more power at idle. Plus, the service duty and life increases substantially. When the rectifier heats up the diodes won't pass as much amperage through them, therefore, the amperage output drops. With our double rectifier alternator you have twice the amperage carrying capacity and double the cooling surface area to keep the diodes cool. This all adds up to...... MORE POWER, LESS HEAT PROBLEMS and GREATER RELIABILITY.

What does the plug look like
standard gm plug.

---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

Any trades or partial trades considered? If not I'll have cash by the end of the week if you still have this...
Dont really need any trades. Om catching hell from the wife for the crap I have all over the place.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.