I want to be louder

travicles
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Louisiana
Right now, I have a 10" SSA Icon in a 1.5 ft^3 box @ 33 Hz on a MB Quart ONX1500.1D. It's nice, but like the title says, I want to be louder. Some stipulations are I have a regular cab truck and I want to keep everything behind the seats. This gives me a usable area of 8"x56"x13".

Now, I was thinking of doing 2 SA-8's, but would it be worth it? So after considering that, I thought of fitting 2 SA-10's. I could put them in about 2 ft^3 @ 35 (I want to tune a bit higher than 33). This would be using 2 3" aeroports, which isn't optimal, but I just don't have a lot of room.

So, would upgrading simply my subwoofer be worth it? Thank you for any feedback.

Do a blowthrough if you want BIG bass. Have you considered a center console enclosure? Not sure if it'd work with your seating.
A blowthrough has been a dream of mine, but I don't think its going to happen. If I did that, I would also want to upgrade alternator, battery, amplifier, subs. It's just too much.

And yes, I have considered taking my middle seat out. I think I could get a lot louder that way, but I would still like to avoid it. Well, now you have me thinking of it again... thanks haha

---------- Post added at 12:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 AM ----------

yeah i'd suggest you look at some 12's or even 15's
Don't have the room in my regular (single) cab truck

A blowthrough has been a dream of mine, but I don't think its going to happen. If I did that, I would also want to upgrade alternator, battery, amplifier, subs. It's just too much.
And yes, I have considered taking my middle seat out. I think I could get a lot louder that way, but I would still like to avoid it. Well, now you have me thinking of it again... thanks haha

---------- Post added at 12:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 AM ----------

Don't have the room in my regular (single) cab truck
I would do a center console enclosure if I was you but if you don't know how to glass and do all the other BS it would be hard to find a legit shop to do it

Right now, I have a 10" SSA Icon in a 1.5 ft^3 box @ 33 Hz on a MB Quart ONX1500.1D. It's nice, but like the title says, I want to be louder. Some stipulations are I have a regular cab truck and I want to keep everything behind the seats. This gives me a usable area of 8"x56"x13".
Now, I was thinking of doing 2 SA-8's, but would it be worth it? So after considering that, I thought of fitting 2 SA-10's. I could put them in about 2 ft^3 @ 35 (I want to tune a bit higher than 33). This would be using 2 3" aeroports, which isn't optimal, but I just don't have a lot of room.

So, would upgrading simply my subwoofer be worth it? Thank you for any feedback.
your going from a single 10" 1250 rms subwoofer to two 500 rms subs. Sure its a little bit more cone area but i dont see you gaining too much volume from that. A single 12 on 1k rms would be louder than 2 8s

Alright, well I guess I know what I have to do to get loud. I just don't know if I wanna go as far as taking my middle seat out. This is what ***** about having a regular cab truck lol thanks for the replies.

Alright, well I guess I know what I have to do to get loud. I just don't know if I wanna go as far as taking my middle seat out. This is what ***** about having a regular cab truck lol thanks for the replies.
If you're near Shreveport, I can help you out with a console box or a behind the seat box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.