Help with ported 15 inch box design (3g eclipse)

llJohnnyll

I decided i am going to build a box myself instead of buying a prefab. I own a 2001 Mitsubishi eclipse gt and the hatch is pretty small. First off i need a box design or is there a box building program i can use. the only one i know of is the RE box calculator.

My dimensions are 30in side to side, 16in depth, 15to16inch height(16 is pushing it), those measurements aren't max but something that would fit inside my hatch.

The sub that is going in there is a AB xfl1522 running off a PPI BK 1300. I heard that the xfl's like to get low so i want the box to be tuned pretty low like 28-30hz. if anyone else has a suggestion for tuning let me know.

Just did a box in these. Keep your height as short as you can. I did 16 tall and you'll have to angle it to make it fit as well as remove the spare tire. If I had to do another one I think I'd keep it as shallow as possible and probably do sub up and port back using aero's to save space.. Probably around 14 inches tall, def no more than 15. Might end up going that way anyway if I can talk my friend into it. Right now it's sub up port up and angled to fire into the hatch, gets real loud from 40 and up, but I'm not too pleased below 35hz right now. It's only in 3.2 cubes tuned at 30, but it's a pretty low Q sub the response on paper is pretty good and I expected a bit more out of it down low in such a small car. Not saying for sure it's the box, just what I've picked up in my limited experience. He has a 2012. I think my response would have been more balanced had I did the sub up and port back, just making sure the box isn't tall and I have a good 6 inches of port clearance so that that it has room to breathe and get up and over the box.

Also the RE box calc works fine for a simple slot port, IME.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.