Upgrade consideration

Participant count
  • Participant list

JoeK
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Ringtown, PA
Currently im running 2 SPLAudio built 12s rated at 1500w rms each running on 2 SK-1500.1Ds wired at .5 each amp. box is 4.6cubes @ 30hz

I dont think these woofers (built with 3' 4-layer coil on DAD BD motors) can handle the power they are getting at .5ohms so im considering the following two options:

(a) Upgrade to 2 beefy 2k-2.5k rms 12s and drop them in the current box

or

(b) Get a single beefy 3-4krms 15" woofer and wire them off the skars strapped at 1ohm? Assuming proper box size comparable to the one i have now.

Right, i just dont want to lose output. I have cone area with the 12s but the motor force of something like the SSA evil or SP4/Team would be more than 2 twelves of lesser sort

Single 15s im looking at:

SSA Evil

Fi Team/SP4

DC Level 5

Dual 12s im looking at:

Orion HCCA

DC XL

AA mayhem

Sundown X/ZV4/ZV3

Right, i just dont want to lose output. I have cone area with the 12s but the motor force of something like the SSA evil or SP4/Team would be more than 2 twelves of lesser sort
Single 15s im looking at:

SSA Evil

Fi Team/SP4

DC Level 5

Dual 12s im looking at:

Orion HCCA

DC XL

AA mayhem

Sundown X/ZV4/ZV3
Mayhems .. Or a single evil would be nasty //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.