So I bought a double din unit off of eBay...

Imerino

View attachment 26545317View attachment 26545316

And it arrived very very quickly which I am of course pleased with. The unit is awesome //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif have to buy a install kit though :-/

Well the reason I am making this thread is because behind the unit there are 3 compartments / ports? One for TV, one for usb and one for iPod. Mind you this unit is not a pioneer or alpine no sadly I could not afford this yet so I bought a unit from china which is where everything is made from anyways right? Took a chance non the less.

The ports for some reason are covered from the inside of the back plate of the unit and if you place your finger where the port is supposed to be it's like a black piece of sticky paper... I'm really not sure if it's that the unit is not supposed to feature these parts and they got covered to avoid blank areas or if I'm supposed to unscrew the whole back end of the unit and take off this paper...... I know super confusing :-/ btw the 3 ports are on the right on this second photo.

Has anyone ever encountered this?? Please any feedback would be awesome.

i cant see that well in the picture, looks pretty easy to take the backplate off and find out though

It would seem at least I think it's just some screws but I'm not familiar with stereo units at all so just a lil worried I'd be messing something up if I try to remove the back but that could just be my cautious side lol I prob should just try that...

The unit says it has the sd and usb feature but that'd on the front of the unit, I'm at work so gotta wait till later to try doing that. I am just curious why the opening would be there if there are no ports and if there are ports why are they covered.... Very curious

The unit says it has the sd and usb feature but that'd on the front of the unit, I'm at work so gotta wait till later to try doing that. I am just curious why the opening would be there if there are no ports and if there are ports why are they covered.... Very curious
You work the grave also? ha well im not sure it is strange, but chinese shit can be weird //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Well no way it can be worse than the unit that came with my car ugh... Such a piece of... Yea. The interface of the unit from the original eBay listing looks awesome and has this 3d interface almost like a rotating cube design going through menus I think. I am dying to turn it on but I guess I gotta wait till I install it or someone does.

And yep graveyard :p

that thing come with the wiring harness i hope? ha headunits are cakewalk to install as long as you have the wire harness for your car and and a dash install kit. Once you get the hang of it its a 15 minute job. Ive been on 3rd shift for 2 years now im starting to get sick of it actually

⇧⇧⇧⇧⇧... that's What it looks like...
??? Kinda lost me

---------- Post added at 06:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 AM ----------

Its prolly a universal plate and yours doesn't have thise those features
Yea that ran through my head as well, kinda wish the openings weren't even there so I wouldn't have to be so curious lol

that thing come with the wiring harness i hope? ha headunits are cakewalk to install as long as you have the wire harness for your car and and a dash install kit. Once you get the hang of it its a 15 minute job. Ive been on 3rd shift for 2 years now im starting to get sick of it actually
Definitely gonna let someone who kows how to do it rather than me I'm not remotely sure how to do the whole thing.

You could just test it without installing it.take the red and yellow,touch both of them to positive,and the black to ground,that way you could make sure it works too.

What I was referring to is,What the guy said above me.they probably make a couple different units that share the same backplate.

You could just test it without installing it.take the red and yellow,touch both of them to positive,and the black to ground,that way you could make sure it works too.What I was referring to is,What the guy said above me.they probably make a couple different units that share the same backplate.
So I got on youtube and I was looking at ways to power on the Double Din and people are using Computer PSU's or some crazy looking generator for charging your car....... I don't build computers and I live in Miami so I don't have any portable generator lol is there a more simple way to power on my unit? I obviously cant find anything outside of the realm of having a computer power supply or the generator....... any ideas?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.