Battery voltage

argenis69
10+ year member

SQ Bass Lover
NY, USA
Hi, I have a big Kinetik battery. Recently I took it out of the car to charge at home, I've charged it a few times doing trickle charge and all that, when the charger says it's completely charged I measure the voltage with the DMM and it reads high 13's v and after a while the voltage starts dropping fast and then stays at 10.64v .

1- Why is this happening?

2- Is there any way to fix this problem?

3- If there's no solution, Can I get money for this battery as is?

Thank you.

I've charged it and trickle charged it more than 5 times with a smart charger and that happens. No warranty on this battery left.

It has a bad cell and to my knowledge, there's nothing that can be done to help it. As for selling it... It'll bring six bucks as a core.
So, there's no way to fix this battery and I will have to throw this battery and money away? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

So, there's no way to fix this battery and I will have to throw this battery and money away? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
How old is the battery? You might be able to get discounted for a core charge or something. Otherwise you're basically SOL.

Ok, Thanks guy.

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

Ok, Thanks guys.

Yes..Time for a replacement.Might take a look at an Orileys Super Start )Platinum Series AGM battery for the money,and Excellent warranty for the money..Just a recommendation,since Im running 3 in the truck, and 2 in the crv without any issues

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

argenis69

10+ year member
SQ Bass Lover
argenis69
NY, USA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date