Participant count
  • Participants list

oxsign
5,000+ posts

No Affiliation
Orlando, FL
null_zps2f1d6661.jpg

null_zps315c86a8.jpg

On the drive home today I made a call via BT. When I was done I tapped the "X" to close and this is what the screen did......

Might either be a loose connection in there somewhere or the screen is borked. I guess your only way to find out is to tear it open, or if there is still a warranty on it send it in.

Looks like a loose ribbon cable. I repair tv's and that's what happens to some of them. Shouldn't be too hard of a fix unless it's something else. With volume off do you hear any noise from the LCD?

Looks like a loose ribbon cable. I repair tv's and that's what happens to some of them. Shouldn't be too hard of a fix unless it's something else. With volume off do you hear any noise from the LCD?
That's what I thought too, especially if he's had it long enough to not have a warranty anymore I wouldn't be surprised if a ribbon cable wiggled loose. Tear it open and check it out OP, can't hurt!

That's what I thought too, especially if he's had it long enough to not have a warranty anymore I wouldn't be surprised if a ribbon cable wiggled loose. Tear it open and check it out OP, can't hurt!
I think I'll give it a try today after work. Your the 3rd person that's said that same thing today, lol. Thx for the advice.

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

I have 2 pieces left if you want one I need to know today
I'm gonna mess with this one and see what comes of it. Thank you for looking into that for my.

No crack that can be felt or seen on the surface.
The LCD could be cracked on the inside and you wouldn't feel it and in some cases wouldn't see it (The LCD is going to be so dark it'd be hard to see) but in this case... it looks like a ribbon cable.

So I took the face off yesterday to see if I can fix it. I disconnected & reconnected all the ribbons and it didn't fix it. So I'm just gonna order another HU. I'll fix this one later on and sell it unless someone wants to buy it as is. It sux cause it still works great!!!!! Just can't see half the stuff, lol.

So I took the face off yesterday to see if I can fix it. I disconnected & reconnected all the ribbons and it didn't fix it. So I'm just gonna order another HU. I'll fix this one later on and sell it unless someone wants to buy it as is. It sux cause it still works great!!!!! Just can't see half the stuff, lol.
Well if yu want one of the b stock 5500 I have 2 left. But they will be got by today

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.