Sign in to follow this  
Strontium90

Need help with good enclosed subs

Howdy all. Decided to take the jump this week and picked up a JL XD500/3 Amplifier and some JL C3-650 component speakers. Got the Crutchfield prices from the audio shop. The front end sounds fantastic, clean with not even a hint of engine noise or hiss. I'm running this through a Sony CDX-GT360MP for the time being, which only has 2 outputs at 2v. Got this HU a couple years ago to replace a factory HU that was dying, and had no idea I'd get back into audio at the time. For what it is, it's a decent little receiver, but I'll replace it soon.

The owner offered to let me try out some of the subwoofer boxes for a few days. Had them drop the Pioneer TS-SWX251 in the trunk for a test drive. In the shop it sounded fine, but I noticed it doesn't seem to be hitting too hard on the road. I'd like impressive deep bass that I can feel, but I don't need the insane thumpers that I hear the gangbangers around town using. Any subs you guys can recommend? The amp puts out a very clean 300w RMS to the subs, so I'd like something that can work well on that amount of power.

Also, with 4v outputs will the bass hit harder on the subs?

If you have to go with an enclosed system look at boston, jbl, or digital designs. I'd really consider buying a sub and having a ported box built for it.

Look into the alpine ported 8 enclosure or the new jl ho110 ported box.

otherwise an ssa dcon in a nice custom ported box will sound fantastic

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel

2013 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 4x4

Pioneer touch screen with front and rear cam

Memphis viv component run active

2 alpine pdr-m65

1 alpine pdr-f50

2 jl 13tw5-3 in subthump understeat box

With 300 watts the only way your going to really feel it is a goodlow powered sub of course in a very good ported enclosure.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this