Need help with good enclosed subs

Strontium90

Howdy all. Decided to take the jump this week and picked up a JL XD500/3 Amplifier and some JL C3-650 component speakers. Got the Crutchfield prices from the audio shop. The front end sounds fantastic, clean with not even a hint of engine noise or hiss. I'm running this through a Sony CDX-GT360MP for the time being, which only has 2 outputs at 2v. Got this HU a couple years ago to replace a factory HU that was dying, and had no idea I'd get back into audio at the time. For what it is, it's a decent little receiver, but I'll replace it soon.

The owner offered to let me try out some of the subwoofer boxes for a few days. Had them drop the Pioneer TS-SWX251 in the trunk for a test drive. In the shop it sounded fine, but I noticed it doesn't seem to be hitting too hard on the road. I'd like impressive deep bass that I can feel, but I don't need the insane thumpers that I hear the gangbangers around town using. Any subs you guys can recommend? The amp puts out a very clean 300w RMS to the subs, so I'd like something that can work well on that amount of power.

Also, with 4v outputs will the bass hit harder on the subs?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.