JBL MS-62C paired with Boston Acoutics GT-2200 AMAZING!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list
Review of Subwoofer or Speaker:

Post name, details and review of the equipment you're reviewing. This forum is for reviews only! No questions should be posted!

Just got my JBL MS-62C splits installed hooked up to a Boston Acoustics GT-2200.

I deadened my doors like crazy, sealed up the holes and used foam around the gasket to seal the mids to the door.

JBL's review- I don't know how these would sound without all the work I did to the doors but with it they sound PHENOMENAL. The midbass is unbelievable. I am using the passive xo's the set came with and have them high passed at 65hz right now until I get my subs. The midbass is tight accurate and actually gets low. You can feel it. The midrange is CRYSTAL clear and I have heard no distortion even at super high volumes. THEY GET FREAKIN LOUD! On to the tweets. The tweets are the best part. I have the tweets mounted in the door approximate 5.5 inches above the mid swiveled up towards the ears. They are so crystal clear and yet are not harsh at all. I do have the xo's set at -3db. I was worried being metal dome tweets but do not. These tweets are on par with some of the Focal tweets I have heard. I **** at reviews but all I can say is for under $250 I personally cannot imagine any set of speakers sounding outright better than these. Super impressed with them.

BA GT-2200 review- This amp is a powerhouse ( 200 x 2 rms ). It's big and heavy so if space is an issue you may want to look elsewhere. It's a beautiful amp imo. I was talked into going with a amp that puts out more power than I need for headroom and I'm glad I did. This amp puts out clean power and sounds awesome. It's hard to say if the amp is making the speakers sound better but all I can say is this combo rocks! The amp runs cool and does not distort my speakers AT ALL even at super high volumes. I can get way more out of it if I wanted but no need to at all.

Overall I would say if your on a budget or hell even if your not consider both of these products. I got both for right around $410 shipped. Can't wait to see how good my system sounds when I add subs. Sorry for the crap review but that's all I got lol

just bought 2 sets of the same mids and was wondering how much power to throw at them to keep up with 2 SD X series 12's on 3k... so I will go with at least 150 rms //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

just bought 2 sets of the same mids and was wondering how much power to throw at them to keep up with 2 SD X series 12's on 3k... so I will go with at least 150 rms //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
The set is rated at 80 rms but I am probably throwing about 150-160 rms per side at them with where my gains are set. I have now have them high passed at 80hz. You should be fine just be careful

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Bass Face84
Sulpher Springs, Texas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from