Finally Starting Electrical Please Help

g2shuck

Hey guys. I am finally going to be starting on getting my electrical taken care of so I can run a Soundqubed 2200d. I am looking at getting a DC Power 170 amp alt, XS Power D2400 under the hood, XS Power XP3000 in the trunk with 1/0 knu OFC wire. My question is right now I only have enough to do either the alt or the D2400 under the hood. Which would be better to do first?

Hey guys. I am finally going to be starting on getting my electrical taken care of so I can run a Soundqubed 2200d. I am looking at getting a DC Power 170 amp alt, XS Power D2400 under the hood, XS Power XP3000 in the trunk with 1/0 knu OFC wire. My question is right now I only have enough to do either the alt or the D2400 under the hood. Which would be better to do first?
WHOA no offense total waste of money...with that amp as long as you got a decent stock alt id just do big 3 and a couple of decent batteries you dont even need the ones you got picked out at all! those are huge

If you plan to upgrade then go for it but your totally over killing it otherwise...

ive ran a straight 2500-3k RMS with stock i believe 100 or 110 alt no big 3 and just 2 optima batteries and my voltages were pretty safe as in not dropping below 13 and thats a pathetic electrical imo lol

WHOA no offense total waste of money...with that amp as long as you got a decent stock alt id just do big 3 and a couple of decent batteries you dont even need the ones you got picked out at all! those are huge

If you plan to upgrade then go for it but your totally over killing it otherwise...

ive ran a straight 2500-3k RMS with stock i believe 100 or 110 alt no big 3 and just 2 optima batteries and my voltages were pretty safe as in not dropping below 13 and thats a pathetic electrical imo lol

Stock alt is only 80 amps and my lights already dim with my my 10zx500.1 at 2 ohms when I play songs like whip game proper. Want to be ale to stay as close to 14.4 as possible at full tilt with the 2200d what do you recommend since my plan was way overkill lol.

Stock alt is only 80 amps and my lights already dim with my my 10zx500.1 at 2 ohms when I play songs like whip game proper. Want to be ale to stay as close to 14.4 as possible at full tilt with the 2200d what do you recommend since my plan was way overkill lol.
You don't need to be a hero, you just need to get the job done. If you plan on going bigger later on than go get a big alt not a little guy. With the 80 amp alt a decent batt under the hood and a 75-100ah c&d batt in the rear you'll be fine. Your headlights will dim with very little voltage drop so take dimming with a grain of salt. You also may be drawing too much current from your amp if you have not properly set the gains.

what's so bad about overkill?
Nothing at all but most people don't have a couple grand to blow on something that's not even needed. If you wanna blow it that's your choice I for one can think of a million things I'd rather blow a couple of Gs on

Nothing at all but most people don't have a couple grand to blow on something that's not even needed. If you wanna blow it that's your choice I for one can think of a million things I'd rather blow a couple of Gs on
Its all worth it in the ends if thats wat he wanna do

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.