Kinetik or XS Power Battery

Participant count
  • Participant list

big_way32
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Ocala, FL
Am looking for a new battery to power my vehicle, thing on going with either the XS Power D6500 or the Kinetik HC2400. Due to space limitations I can only fit one battery under the hood in a 03 Dakota ext. cab. I'll be running off of the stock alternator and I've got the big 3 done and I'll also be using a 1500 watt rms amp to power my subs. Any suggestions on which company provides the best bang for the buck? I've been getting mixed feeling concerning the two so any hands on experience would be greatly appreciated in helping me decide.

Thanks guys

Am looking for a new battery to power my vehicle, thing on going with either the XS Power D6500 or the Kinetik HC2400. Due to space limitations I can only fit one battery under the hood in a 03 Dakota ext. cab. I'll be running off of the stock alternator and I've got the big 3 done and I'll also be using a 1500 watt rms amp to power my subs. Any suggestions on which company provides the best bang for the buck? I've been getting mixed feeling concerning the two so any hands on experience would be greatly appreciated in helping me decide.
Thanks guys
http://www.caraudio.com/forums/electrical-wiring-classifieds/584150-16-c-d-75ah-batteries-sale.html

This is a good deal and good guy. Hes a friend/teammate... he has used C&D 75ah batts for sale and they are $100 shipped each. i bought one its in great condition...

Am planning on running a single battery and i am not sure if a single one if these will be enough off a stock alt.

Thanks

Am planning on running a single battery and i am not sure if a single one if these will be enough off a stock alt.
Thanks
just saying but the D6500 and this battery have the same amount of Amp Hours. Of course the D6500 is the better battery, but they are close in ratings and a big diff in price. why dont you just a 2nd batt in back by the amp to help instead of just running 1 batts?

I've have zero issues with XS in personal and customer vehicles. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I've have zero issues with XS in personal and customer vehicles. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Were those dual or single having just one battery under the hood with at least 1500rms? I spoke with XS Power today and this is what they recommend so I'll probably just go with it

I guess am still searching for a good battery for a better price, if I cant find one then ill go with the XS 6500 after having to save for an addition month or two. I was looking at the deka8A31DTM battery, but am not sure which group I should be looking for or what other specs I will need to compare it to the XS. My space is confines to either 12"L X 7"W X 8.25"H or I can do 13.25"L X 8"W X 7.75" If I left it on top of the battery case and strap it in which I would prefer no to do. Off hand, are their any batteries that you guys have experience with that will fix these parameters? Remember that this one battery will have to power both my car and the 1500 watts rms system.

Thanks

Batteries are not meant to power the system the alternator is. Batteries are only a buffer and support
Sorry, miss use of words. Since were being technical here, are their any batteries that you guys have experience with that will fit these parameters? Remember that this one battery will act as a buffer and support for my vehicle's electrical including the 1500 watts rms system //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsupwink.gif.129404938effda6ad9cca39e7f4b58a3.gif

Were those dual or single having just one battery under the hood with at least 1500rms? I spoke with XS Power today and this is what they recommend so I'll probably just go with it
For the most part, dual batteries and over 1500 watts. It depended upon the size of battery and goals of the system too. My personal daily driver is approximately 2000 watts with a D5100R up front and an XP750 tucked in the back. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.