Difference of 5hz; noticeable?

Vagomire
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
The sub I have now (DD 1500 12") has an fs rating of 29hz and my enclsoure is tuned to 30hz. It kills the lows, plays really loud and sound exactly how I want it.

The sub I want (DD 2500 15") has an fs rating of 35hz. Naturally I'll tune my enclosure to 35hz to get the best performance out of my new driver.

I'm just worried that a sub with that much higher fs rating and an enclosure tuned 5hz higher won't rumble the lows how I like..

Anyone have experience in this area?

Most likely has stiffer spiders. The higher up in the DD tier of subs the less sq oriented they get. (obviously) Also as they get more spl oriented they become less of a low end monster.

You don't have to tune to Fs. The Fs often isn't accurate after being broken in, anyway.
Now that you mention that I remember DD saying their website that "After proper break-in time the subs will play louder and lower."

Lol thanks man, I'll just get the **** sub and tune it to 30hz again //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Now that you mention that I remember DD saying their website that "After proper break-in time the subs will play louder and lower."Lol thanks man, I'll just get the **** sub and tune it to 30hz again //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
I believe you should not do that. DD subs are not designed like that. A 36-40hz tuning would be best.

Now that you mention that I remember DD saying their website that "After proper break-in time the subs will play louder and lower."Lol thanks man, I'll just get the **** sub and tune it to 30hz again //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
If you're looking for something to kill the lows, you might want to go another route.

So what do ya'll suggest? I looove the way my bass sounds right now but I want more of it! My amp is a CM1000 and it's only at 2ohms right now. I want to run it at 1ohm and get more or bigger subs (but I've only got around 800w of realistic, class AB power to work with). I'm going to buy DD regardless of any factors because we're DD dealers and I get all my personal equipment at cost.

So what do ya'll suggest? I looove the way my bass sounds right now but I want more of it! My amp is a CM1000 and it's only at 2ohms right now. I want to run it at 1ohm and get more or bigger subs (but I've only got around 800w of realistic, class AB power to work with). I'm going to buy DD regardless of any factors because we're DD dealers and I get all my personal equipment at cost.
Not sure how a guy who loves low bass is a DD nuthugger? I nuthug TC Sounds and would guarantee all day and twice on Sunday that this would be way more up your ally with that amp. TC Sounds LMS-R 15" DVC Subwoofer 293-662

Dude i had 2 3512s tuned to 32 and it.murdered the lows its all in the setup ...my hdc4s have a fs of 41 and im tuned at 32 and its fvcking.killer down low ...dont let anyone tell u a sub wont play well low ..its 90% box amd install...ive gotten seriously low with some.of the most spl drivers out there

Dude i had 2 3512s tuned to 32 and it.murdered the lows its all in the setup ...my hdc4s have a fs of 41 and im tuned at 32 and its fvcking.killer down low ...dont let anyone tell u a sub wont play well low ..its 90% box amd install...ive gotten seriously low with some.of the most spl drivers out there
My definition of low is 20-30hz and I can think of many subs more well suited than any of DD's line up. I never said they can't get low and if you have the room for a box to get them REAL low than so be it.

I ran a 2512 in a 30Hz tuned box, trying to force it to play low, it liked to bottom out very easily, and still didn't have any authority in the low 30's. Wouldn't recommend anything above the 1500 series if you want to play under 30Hz.

My definition of low is 20-30hz and I can think of many subs more well suited than any of DD's line up. I never said they can't get low and if you have the room for a box to get them REAL low than so be it.
i had them in 5 "cubes...147s @30 is that loud enough and they dug down to 24-25 with good authority ..just like my aqs do except they are louder..yes there are more suited subs for the applocation but op said he was buying dd regardless .

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.