Anyone using Quick Start alternators

Participant count
  • Participant list

moparerrnocar
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Fargo, ND
Wondering if anyone has any experience with these guys. The seem to build quality units, they even list the brand and or source of parts. Most everything is made in the US (accept the bearings, NTN, which is what GM uses). They use heavy duty cooper rectifiers. The 250 and up requires their external rectifier which I don't want to hassle with. The 200a is $300 which seems like a great deal. However for some reason I can't find ANY reviews or info, so Im skeptical.

The other thing is Im not sure a 200 will be big enough for my needs. I'll be feeding 2500-3000 watts, nothing major, but I won't be using any auxiliary batts either.

Will a 200 be enough, or should I opt for a 250-270? If its not I'll pay the extra and go with DC or Mechman since the 250a w/ external rectifier is $430, and I don't wanna deal with the external bridge.

CS130, CS130D, AD230 AD244 High Output Alternator Upgrade alternator parts

System will be a SAZ 2500 on a 12" Sundown X D2 and a 500w ab 4ch. I eventually plan to upgrade to either a 12" or 15" Zv4.

Not sure if the AD244 is internal or external. I do have a Diehard platinum AGM with 0awg big 3.
U can get any of them internal or external

---------- Post added at 06:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 AM ----------

Its just really nice.to be able.to adjust voltage on the fly ..what vehicle?

U can get any of them internal or external 

---------- Post added at 06:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 AM ----------

Its just really nice.to be able.to adjust voltage on the fly ..what vehicle?
Id just be scared of accidentally over volting and frying my electrical. Its a 97 pontiac grand prix. Quick start sells an adaptor mount for the AD244 to mount to the 3.8L.

Nah and they sell alts.for.ur ride no brackets or bs ..ive never had. A prob with mine
Id rather run the AD244 over the CS130 its a much larger, more efficient and reliable unit. The AD244 is the stock alt for the 00-03 Tahoes and burbans.

Id rather run the AD244 over the CS130 its a much larger, more efficient and reliable unit. The AD244 is the stock alt for the 00-03 Tahoes and burbans.
Im pretty sure the 244 isnt going to match ur plug so unless u get a plug adapter made u will have to externally regulate...i have a 240 mechman on 5k rms and dont drop below 14.2. at full tilt so big case blah blah blah lol

Im pretty sure the 244 isnt going to match ur plug so unless u get a plug adapter made u will have to externally regulate...i have a 240 mechman on 5k rms and dont drop below 14.2. at full tilt so big case blah blah blah lol
CS130s are 4 pin, identical to the AD244. The AD244 will put out more at idle then any CS144/CS130 and last longer plain simple. Im guessing you have 1 or 2 auxiliary batts. I don't have the room or afford the weight.

ad_alt1.jpg

CS130s are 4 pin, identical to the AD244. The AD244 will put out more at idle then any CS144/CS130 and last longer plain simple. Im guessing you have 1 or 2 auxiliary batts. I don't have the room or afford the weight.
Yea i have 2 extra batts ...but yea if it will bolt right on with a adapter plate go for it .cant hurt

---------- Post added at 08:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 AM ----------

Id look into it and make sure someonses done it succesfully

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.