Recommendations on a single 12?

why not ported? out of the ones you listed, only the Gcon might sound okay in a sealed box, but the rest will feel like wasted potential... they love ported. If space is an issue, try DC level 2, level 3 subs they dont need to be in big enclosures.

I don't have the tools to build one and I don't want to spend a lot of money on an enclosure for my first build. Also I listen to rock about 20% of the time and rap the other 80%.

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

It is going in the trunk of a sedan

why not ported? out of the ones you listed, only the Gcon might sound okay in a sealed box, but the rest will feel like waste d potential... they love ported. If space is an issue, try DC level 2, level 3 subs they dont need to be in big enclosures.[/quote so you think DC subs work better in small ported boxes? why is that?

My space limitations areHeight- 14"

Width- 30"

Depth- 13"
it's not to hard to build one, have someone on the forum design it and get you a cut sheet, buy a sheet of mdf from lowes or hone depot and have them cut it. then follow the design after you have it cut. if you have a drill, a drill bit set, and a Phillips head bit, glue, and caulk you can build it.

it's not to hard to build one, have someone on the forum design it and get you a cut sheet, buy a sheet of mdf from lowes or hone depot and have them cut it. then follow the design after you have it cut. if you have a drill, a drill bit set, and a Phillips head bit, glue, and caulk you can build it.
The design is the main thing holding me back from going ported. Also I heard ported boxes aren't as good for rock

For my first I am kind set on sealed and then possibly going ported in the future
I was like you when I first got into car audio. I said nah I don't need that nah I'm going sealed. About 10 seconds after hooking up my system I looked at my buddy and said I have to go louder.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.