15" Woofer. Looking for options.

rickymac21
10+ year member

2loud4u
I'm looking for a new sub to get back in the game. Looking specifically for a 15" sub that will get down and dirty on 800-1500w rms.

Max price I'm trying to spend is $300.

I'm really into RE (mt,sx), AQ (hdc3), FI (bl), DC (lvl4-5)... Well you get the gist.

I'm also looking for an amp if anyone has some GOOD deals on them. I have looked on here and haven't found much (except whats already sold unfortunately). Again, the amp would be powering the 15 so I would need roughly 1500w rms 1ohm stable.

That's about it, hopefully there is something on here..

New American bass xfl 15 215 shipped and a vfl 100.1 for $360 shipped also new
Never heard one in person. How do they sound ? Their site says 1000w rms, is that accurate? I'm leaning for something maybe slightly beefier. That does seem like a fair price though.

level 4 15" ? What price are you looking for ?
Im sorry man, i didnt realize this was in the classifieds, i was just suggesting what i thought fit your criteria. The level fours can get down and sound pretty good doing it

Im sorry man, i didnt realize this was in the classifieds, i was just suggesting what i thought fit your criteria. The level fours can get down and sound pretty good doing it
Haha, no problem bud, I appreciate the thoughts regardless. I have thought about those subs and if the price was right I may consider it. The XL's might be something I'd really like though.

As of now the top of my list is just a HDC3 15 with the standard copper coils. The specs just look right and I keep reading good things about them. Plus they're priced right. Ive only personally heard one install with AQ, had 2 2.5 15's doing mid 140's from the trunk. Not too shabby.

Anyways, I'm still open minded and would like to see if I can catch a deal on here.

Haha, no problem bud, I appreciate the thoughts regardless. I have thought about those subs and if the price was right I may consider it. The XL's might be something I'd really like though.
As of now the top of my list is just a HDC3 15 with the standard copper coils. The specs just look right and I keep reading good things about them. Plus they're priced right. Ive only personally heard one install with AQ, had 2 2.5 15's doing mid 140's from the trunk. Not too shabby.

Anyways, I'm still open minded and would like to see if I can catch a deal on here.
Ive owned level 3s, 4s hdc3s, hdc4s. People all claim that the hdcs can get down tuned lower but i still think the level 4 is better to go low. And if your running 1500 rms the level 4 wont have a problem taking that, it wont exactly be neccesary to spring for the xl imo

also if you go with the hdc you have to have at least 1500 at your disposal. They just dont really much on 1k and below

Ive owned level 3s, 4s hdc3s, hdc4s. People all claim that the hdcs can get down tuned lower but i still think the level 4 is better to go low. And if your running 1500 rms the level 4 wont have a problem taking that, it wont exactly be neccesary to spring for the xl imoalso if you go with the hdc you have to have at least 1500 at your disposal. They just dont really much on 1k and below

Well this mixes it up a bit then. Thanks for the insight, it's nice to hear from someone who's personally ran them. You wouldn't happen to know where to order dc's? Their site just gives specs on the subs, no ordering tabs.

Well this mixes it up a bit then. Thanks for the insight, it's nice to hear from someone who's personally ran them. You wouldn't happen to know where to order dc's? Their site just gives specs on the subs, no ordering tabs.
you can only buy DC from their reps. unless they dont have reps in your state you contact them and order direct. i think somewhere on the site it should list the states

you can only buy DC from their reps. unless they dont have reps in your state you contact them and order direct. i think somewhere on the site it should list the states
I'd probably just order from the factory dealers. I imagine it would be cheaper that way anyways.

One last question. And it's a bad one I know, but it refers to your previous post. Basically with an amp pushing 1500w rms the lvl 4's would be louder than an hdc3? Stupid I know, but who doesn't want louder? I only ask because the hdc3 is still cheaper,

I'd probably just order from the factory dealers. I imagine it would be cheaper that way anyways.
One last question. And it's a bad one I know, but it refers to your previous post. Basically with an amp pushing 1500w rms the lvl 4's would be louder than an hdc3? Stupid I know, but who doesn't want louder? I only ask because the hdc3 is still cheaper,
IDK when i bought my level 3s direct they were pretty **** cheap. But as far as that goes, there are many variables. Realistically the hdc would probably get louder because theyre sorta a budget splish woofer, but it wont sound as good daily and it will do its getting loud closer to 40 hz if tuned within its comfortable realm. I had an aq hdc3 12 tuned to 37 that was aggresive as hell around 40, but in the lower 30s it just wasnt very authoritive and didnt sound nearly as musical. so its really up to your tastes

Never heard one in person. How do they sound ? Their site says 1000w rms, is that accurate? I'm leaning for something maybe slightly beefier. That does seem like a fair price though.
The xfl can take a soils clean 1800 rms easy And they are plenty beefy

I'm a dc rep here. The lvl 3 may get a bit louder than the lvl 4. But the level 4 will take much more power. But will cost over 300 closer to 360 shipped

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.