One 12 148db+ 3.5k?

Looking to see what y'all think of running a custom 12 (4hp motor) on 3.5k to hit a 148 or higher. Looking to tune at 38 and it will be in a trunk. Also thinking of putting it in a 4th order.
it can be done. theres a guy in the org on compete in that does a 148+ from the trunk with 2 10s and i think 3.5k and on music and not in a 4th order. i have no douts that i can be done

Looking to see what y'all think of running a custom 12 (4hp motor) on 3.5k to hit a 148 or higher. Looking to tune at 38 and it will be in a trunk. Also thinking of putting it in a 4th order.
anythings possible with enough money for the right equipment!!!! 38hz seems a bit high though... 32hz? well maybe not? I'd be interested in seeing it....

anythings possible with enough money for the right equipment!!!! 38hz seems a bit high though... 32hz? well maybe not? I'd be interested in seeing it....
It took me an 18 with the 4hp motor and almost that much power to get to 148 from the trunk, but at 30hz.

Its going to be a bit harder with a single 12 and that low of a frequency.

It took me an 18 with the 4hp motor and almost that much power to get to 148 from the trunk, but at 30hz. Its going to be a bit harder with a single 12 and that low of a frequency.
its possible though!!! what kind of trunk are we talking though, my whole trunk is open, both seat fold completely down, or are we talking sealed off trunk? murph what kinda trunk ?

Tuning that high for a reason...

It took me an 18 with the 4hp motor and almost that much power to get to 148 from the trunk, but at 30hz. Its going to be a bit harder with a single 12 and that low of a frequency.
Yeah I figure it will be a pain but I'm aiming for it at 37-40hz so that will help. I figure if I can get the right 4th order it could happen though.

its possible though!!! what kind of trunk are we talking though, my whole trunk is open, both seat fold completely down, or are we talking sealed off trunk? murph what kinda trunk ?
My seats fold down so that is not an issue. Room will also not be an issue for a single 12 I can comfortable fit 5 cubes in there.

its easier to get higher numbers with higher tuning
yeah, thats why i said maybe not, with factors tossed in there with the difficulty from the trunk, 32hz daily driver status!!!!

I looked up single 12s and there some guys doing it, and a guy with a kicker sub, 141. From the trunk, lol i think he's lying no video proof! Lol

yeah, thats why i said maybe not, with factors tossed in there with the difficulty from the trunk, 32hz daily driver status!!!!I looked up single 12s and there some guys doing it, and a guy with a kicker sub, 141. From the trunk, lol i think he's lying no video proof! Lol
A 141 isn't very impressive assuming his kicker is probably at 45hz. I want a setup for competition that I can still enjoy. A box at 38hz is plenty enjoyable. I can play down to around 30 still at that tuning

a 141 isn't very impressive assuming his kicker is probably at 45hz. I want a setup for competition that i can still enjoy. A box at 38hz is plenty enjoyable. I can play down to around 30 still at that tuning
he quoted 39hz, i don't believe him though... I haven't heard a good kicker in years, it was on that stevemeadedesigns site.... Did you ever go over there and check out all the little sh*t you can do to up the db's, its crazy, like a list of 20-25 things, little stuff i never even thought of!!!

he quoted 39hz, i don't believe him though... I haven't heard a good kicker in years, it was on that stevemeadedesigns site.... Did you ever go over there and check out all the little sh*t you can do to up the db's, its crazy, like a list of 20-25 things, little stuff i never even thought of!!!
I'm not new around the block there is something like that on here also or was...

Sooooo many factors. But totally doable.
I think I can pull it off. Definitively will not get 150 without a fart box. If I get a 148 I will be happy.

I think I can pull it off. Definitively will not get 150 without a fart box. If I get a 148 I will be happy.
You may end up needing to make some concessions- namely peak freq and/or musicality, but shouldn't be a problem. Unless the meter just hates your car.

it can be done. theres a guy in the org on compete in that does a 148+ from the trunk with 2 10s and i think 3.5k and on music and not in a 4th order. i have no douts that i can be done
im curious does this guy have a trunk wall? or whats his sub/ port variation if you happen to know.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

murph

10+ year member
Low for Life
murph
Richmond,VA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date