I neeed help!

My husband and I bought an amp and sub speaker from my brother. He let us hear it plugged in and it worked fine.. My husband got all new wires and stuff and when he hooked everything up it worked but the speaker wasn't hitting like it was suppose to. BUT now when he tries to hook it up it automatically blows the fuse EVERYTIME. Please help!

Well the AMP and Speaker both are Rockford fosgate.. The AMP P4004 and the Speaker is a Power T1.. The fuse keeps blowing and its aggravating. My husband thinks its the AMP but I think its the wiring... When we first hooked the system up it was working but it would go in and out... Then for some reason it started blowing fuses when he tried to fix it!

Its the fuse on the AMP that keeps blowing.. I will tell Hubby when he gets back home to rewire everything.. The amp doesn't smell burnt or anything... It seems alright.. It worked just fine when my brother had it.. So maybe its wired wrong?

Probably wired wrong and then it was damaged. A 4 channel amp is usually only 2 ohm stable PER channel. Need to know what ohm the sub is and how it is wired to the amp. If you disconnect the sub and rcas and turn the amp on and it still blows fuses its damaged or grounding somewhere.

welcome, most likely the ohm did not match, i would bring it to an installer just to make sure, hopefully u dont get charged too much, post it on general discussion somebody might be in this forum close to you that can help you guys out

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.