German Maestro Status SV6509 6.5" Set

keep_hope_alive
Premium Member

Acoustics Engineer
Item(s) for Sale:

German Maestro Status SV6509

6.5" woofer with extensive thermal management and neo magent(even the aluminum phase plug is vented)

2" o.d. inverted dome titanium tweeters with large neo magent. flush mount cups included.

passive crossover that's bi-amp capable and has tweeter level adjustment

Item(s) Description/Condition:

like new, used for a few months (powered 50W per side with xtant 403a amps)

includes tweeter/woofer grills, crossovers (with all screws and jumpers), and flush tweeter cups and mounting screw.

purchased from an authorized shop, came from their sound board when they closed their doors.

original packaging and additional accessories not included.

Price:

$400 shipped CONUS

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

shipped FedEx or Priority Mail.

Item Pictures:

GMStatusComponents008.jpg

GMStatusComponents002.jpg

GMStatusComponents003.jpg

GMStatusComponents004.jpg

GMStatusComponents005.jpg

GMStatusComponents007.jpg

GMStatusComponents017.jpg

GMStatusComponents016.jpg

before i took the weatherstripping foam off (and showing venting)

GMStatusComponents015.jpg

GMStatusComponents014.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
listening impressions:

i am very impressed with the off-axis response of the Status tweeters - better than any dome tweeter i've used in that location. I was very happy with them flush mounted like you see in the pics.

the woofers had good midbass response and overall, were very nice to listen to. The neo magnets allow for shallow mounting.

i could honestly stick with these and by happy for a long time.

I was less impressed with playing them through the passive crossovers and I have heard of others having issues with the passive crossovers failing from sustained high power. Also, given my mounting locations, the crossovers didn't make as much sense. I always planned on running them active but chose passive just to get impressions. when tweeters and woofers are mounted side-by-side, the passive crossovers are just fine. ran active, they were great.

so why sell them?

I want a set of Hertz Mille's instead. Plain and simple, i think the Mille's are the best sounding speakers i've heard. I want to represent my local shop and will buy from them.

http://www.german-maestro.de/downloads/test_reports/autohifi_H2_2012_SV6509_en.pdf

http://www.german-maestro.de/downloads/manuals/sv6509.pdf

tweeter:

GermanMAESTRO - Powered by MAESTRO Badenia

GermanMAESTRO - Powered by MAESTRO Badenia

ultrasphere_scheme.gif

On the midrange-woofer-side the SV series uses very high quality cones made from a special polypropylene composite and driven by edge-wound 1"/25 mm voice coils. The two-piece loudspeaker baskets made exclusively of carbon-fiber-reinforced plastic compo-site also provides a sophisticated heat-sink system with special ventilation pole-pieces, silver painted panels and metal magnet covers for optimum cooling of the magnet system.
active version

http://www.german-maestro.de/downloads/manuals/sv6509active.pdf

GM designed these so the rated power is sustained level, not what they can handle for one second before failure.

i got a good deal on them since the shop was closing. i am not too concerned if they don't sell. i do love the Mille's but these are still good speakers. I should just look for the matching 4" and call it a day.

I have heard them before they are nice they are made by the original owners of MB Quart. These are the true speakers that should have the MB name but tat was a brand for us German Maestro was what they went by in europe. Ive been looking to see if anyone had some yet I'd love to get em but low on cash

DAMNIT. I just got a 2000 accord //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif I also just got paid //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.