Lost it all...

OldManBass

Senior VIP Member
Well guys... fiance decided to break off our engagement... and kept all the gear I had waiting to be installed.

Talked to a lawyer, he said it was a criminal matter. Talked to the cops, they say it's civil and all I could do would be to take her to civil court.

Gonna talk to the lawyer again, see if he can speak to the DA.

I can't afford 2000.00 to sue her in civil court, so I guess I'm out of car audio for the time being.

Just wanted to share my pain with some folks that might care about it.

im sorry man. life happens, some good some bad. my *** would scrounge up th money to sue her. now its a principle thing, let no one ever take advantage of you, your money, or your belongings that you worked for. fight for your stuff.

Well guys... fiance decided to break off our engagement... and kept all the gear I had waiting to be installed.
Talked to a lawyer, he said it was a criminal matter. Talked to the cops, they say it's civil and all I could do would be to take her to civil court.

I can't afford 2000.00 to sue her in civil court, so I guess I'm out of car audio for the time being.

get a real lawyer, its free to sue anybody and most lawyers get paid on funds recovered, not a criminal case, just civil, and you got to prove you used your funds for the equip. and not mutual funds...

or you could file yourself, request the court to appoint a lawyer, bam no fees other than file fee (like 40-200) and free lawyer... I am sorry to hear that though... call some more attorneys... wait if you weren't married in the first place and you have proof of purchase, you can call the cops, but if you don't have proof its civil, if you have the receipts request a police report to file, i would anyways for civil or criminal, worse case if she isn't that smart, call cops say you broke up with your girl and you would like a peace officer to accompany you to the home to get your stuff, most of the time if they see the cops and you say you want your stuff they will give it up!!!

over 12yrs in law paralegal and with the law.. lol

call the judge shows you see on tv. there not technically a real court but ya get paid no matter what. my friend went on judge judy with his family two years ago, lost the case, yet he walked out with over 3 grand. the odds of you getting on are slim. but try everything in your power.

Why is she being such a spiteful cunt? Something sounds funny... You get caught cheating or something? Maybe owe her some money? I'd kill a bitch before I let her get over like that!

How the ffff does it cost 2 grand to sue somebody.......

get another lawyer and sue her to pay for lawyer costs too.

by the way, it IS a criminal matter. She is committing grand larceny, a major felony.

Why is she being such a spiteful cunt? Something sounds funny... You get caught cheating or something? Maybe owe her some money? I'd kill a bitch before I let her get over like that!
You are quick to jump to conclusions. I don't think she ever cheated on me, and I certainly never cheated on her... but she initially said she needed some alone time, then she said she wanted me to leave... so I did.

Don't make assumptions. I'm not the bad guy here.

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

by the way' date=' it IS a criminal matter. She is committing grand larceny, a major felony.[/quote']

According to my lawyer, it is felony theft. She is currently on probation for DWI number two as well.

by the way' date=' it IS a criminal matter. She is committing grand larceny, a major felony.[/quote']

2000.00 is the going rate to be represented in a civil case here. It may be higher or lower in other places.

The DA would have to press criminal charges, and will only do so if the sheriff's office requests that it be done... which they apparently will not do.

Sorry to hear that happened. And of course, I'm sorry that the criminal Just Us system doesn't give a rat's arse about your belongings.

If you were wealthy and well connected, the sociopaths in the courts & the police department would be bending over backwards to get your things back to you but since you're obviously just another one of us serfs, they can't be bothered with the minutia of your life.

That's something to think about next time you have the urge to say the Pledge of Allegiance.... why on Earth anyone would want to pledge their allegiance to a criminal gang is beyond me...

definately a criminal matter if he can prove he bought it but not grand larceny (thats over 20gs) just larceny from a person still a felony

You don't need a lawyer for small claims court. All you need to do is file and pay costs. Then sue her for the value of your equipment, court costs, and any fee associated with this case. Bring all your evidence and hope the judge sides with you. Also, you don't need a criminal conviction to sue. Look at O.J., he won his criminal case and lost his civil. The only thing you have to lose other than your equipment is court costs.

You don't need a lawyer for small claims court. All you need to do is file and pay costs. Then sue her for the value of your equipment, court costs, and any fee associated with this case. Bring all your evidence and hope the judge sides with you. Also, you don't need a criminal conviction to sue. Look at O.J., he won his criminal case and lost his civil. The only thing you have to lose other than your equipment is court costs.
small claims usually only goes to like 1200.00

What is the value of it all? Look into your local limits for small claims court usually 5grand limit or so but at least you could get something back out of it. And thats cheap to do and no lawyer needed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.