Ground loop isloators / noise filters

Participant count
  • Participant list

urmomsmin3
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
balto
do they really work ive seen threads that they do and dont and also wat is the 30 amp and 80 amp difference with them? im tired of the buzzing i have in my truck wen volume is on 0 i can some times here am stations and no 1 can seem to find the ground loop wtf is goin on here..lol

They work if they're installed in the right place. All they do is block AC voltage from passing through a DC circuit. The AC component is noise. AM radio reception is highly susceptible to interference. There are some tricks to finding the general source of the noise, and often it's because of a bad ground connection somewhere. The good old school installers know how to troubleshoot this problem, so try going to someone who actually knows what they're doing.

what kind of vehicle and what kinbd of stereo. I have seen cheap stereos cause those problems. and some vehicles are more proned to inducing noise.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.