Fix for androids quiet music player?

eli346
10+ year member

I just got the new lg Optimus G a couple of days ago and was excited about the 32 gb of internal storage until i put songs on it and songs play very noticeably quieter off this phone than the same song playing off my ipod. My last android was like this too is there any way to fix this? If not that 32 gb of space is kind of useless to me.

Really don't wanna root it and lose my warranty because i can't afford the $ 800 for a new one if it breaks
Most of the time they won't care for warranty purposes. I've rooted and jailbroken all of my phones, whether it was android or iOS and still got warranty coverage no problem. I had my iPad 1 for 2 weeks jailbroken before the bottom port started working. I reset it and sent it back, got a new one. As you know apple is really picky about warranty. I think you'll be fine. One of two things can happen:

1) phone stops functioning correctly but still turns on. de-root it and warranty

2) phone doesn't turn on at all. they won't be able to tell if it is rooted or not.

I just got the new lg Optimus G a couple of days ago and was excited about the 32 gb of internal storage until i put songs on it and songs play very noticeably quieter off this phone than the same song playing off my ipod. My last android was like this too is there any way to fix this? If not that 32 gb of space is kind of useless to me.
Are you plugging the phone into an aftermarket head unit? If so, what's the brand and model?

i can always reverse a root too just like a jailbreak, i always jailbreak and root my phones too, no issues, also i get squaretrade as my insurance, they even state they take jailbroken phones too, so if anything goes wrong they will replace or refund u. It will be worth it.

or u can do what i did is, i got a cheap HTC phone (b/c of beats) i bought an HTC One V with a bad ESN/IMEI (b/c i am not going to use as a cell phone) off of ebay for like 35.00 and i just keep that in my car as my music player and i rooted it and installed Viper4Android. If you do this, Make sure the HTC phone or any phone u get has SD card capable, some HTC phones do not have ability of an SD card. I picked HTC b/c they have better sound.

Really don't wanna root it and lose my warranty because i can't afford the $ 800 for a new one if it breaks
ive returned 2 phones on manufacturer warrenty both of which were rooted...

also truthfulyl your just goign to have to set your deck/amp/phone differently to get that output works fine for me also ive noticed that turn the volume on the phone all the way up and then down ONE notch this will get rid of a TON of distortion

1: root it like people have said before

2: download an equalizer app on your phone and play around with it.

3: get a fiio E6

4: get an equalizer that has and aux gain boost

i'd choose the first option before going to the 2, 3 and 4 options because the latter, you'd have to be careful and try not to clip anything.

1: root it like people have said before2: download an equalizer app on your phone and play around with it.

3: get a fiio E6

4: get an equalizer that has and aux gain boost

i'd choose the first option before going to the 2, 3 and 4 options because the latter, you'd have to be careful and try not to clip anything.
yeah, that is why u will want Viper4Android, it has boost gains, better clarity and bass options. u can get convolvers to match different types of audio quality, i use on called DBX 160SL Blue - Soft Ratio. and i just have my phone volume only 1/4 turned up instead of all the way up, also, r u connected via bluetooth or AUX, AUX does make it alittle louder.

Since most head units use a lower voltage output for AUX opposed to coming from a cd player or radio like mine does, u don't have to worry about clipping if you turn your boosts up, if you do this and you need help setting up Viper4Android just PM me.

Lol why does everyone want this man to buy new things? All he needs to do is reset his gains using his phone as the source if that's what he plans on listening to music off of.

if its still coming off of the AUX port it will still be low even if he sets the gains using his phone, but anyway here are the test tones i made, they are flac files so they are lossless and u can just move these to ur phone and play through ur music player

Test Tones

I was going to try that Viper4Android, but after seeing it looks like a Chinese app that is granted SU permissions I said forget it. No way I am trusting that app on my phone.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.