2 13w7s needin advice

you other option is to wire to .375ohm I believe and your amp will not handle that
why would you say it then? lol

anyways yeah your amp cant do that run with the link he gave you at first...but ultimately get a bigger amp or another one...

or just run one of the subs

With the subs wired to 1.5 ohms like is described in the link, your subs will sound just fine. Don't buy into the whole "underpowering" nonsense. Your amp will push somewhere in the neighborhood of 1500 watts to those two subs which is more than enough to get them to get very loud. This is assuming that it is the bdcp amp. If it were an older one, it would do slightly less(1200-1400) at that 1.5 ohm load, and you probably would not be able to hear the difference.

Just traded my 1500 birthsheet said it did 1763 at m @14.4v and 1900ish at 1 ohm. So i would say yes it is right there at the sweet spot at the 1.5 ohm load.

With the subs wired to 1.5 ohms like is described in the link, your subs will sound just fine. Don't buy into the whole "underpowering" nonsense. Your amp will push somewhere in the neighborhood of 1500 watts to those two subs which is more than enough to get them to get very loud. This is assuming that it is the bdcp amp. If it were an older one, it would do slightly less(1200-1400) at that 1.5 ohm load, and you probably would not be able to hear the difference.
+1

+1

I looked up the specs on the new rockford power1500 and...

Rated Power

(RMS Continuous Power):

1000 Watts x 1 @ 4-Ohm

1500 Watts x 1 @ 2-Ohm

1500 Watts x 1 @ 1-Ohm

so wired to 1.5, you should get the 1500 max rating and I agree with the other guy, it will be loud.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.