Decisions, decisions...MB quart, JL Audio, diamond audio

kisswahili
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
ATL
i have a budget of 150$ and will be powering the chosen component set with a US Acoustics 4065 ..so thats 65 watts a piece or 160 watts if i bridge it..

im leaning towards the MB Quart PVM216 or JL Audio TR650-CSI or Diamond Audio D363.5

looking for an SQ set up, anyone who has exeperience with the comps please chime in..or recommend something proven in that price range.

There are quite a few options...

Polk MM6501

JL c2-650

JBL MS-62....once upon a time you could get them for around 150-200...

Also look into CDT....lots of options out there man.

JL is not too bad...a lot of people will quickly bash JL for some odd reasons...there's definitely a love hate things going on (there's a reason for this)

JL makes good gear...do not listen to the HATERZ - but at times...price can be a whole diff story lol...but that's the case with anything high end.

Prob best to go listen to some of these speakers....but that's not always possible.

I have a new set of Diamond 6.5" convertible components that go for $150. They are not proven yet to be strong performers. The Clarion SRQ line comes in around that price. There's a review on Talk Audio of SRE-1722S, which is the European equivalent of SRQ-1722S.

For other options the budget should be increased by $50-100, in my opinion.

I have a new set of Diamond 6.5" convertible components that go for $150. They are not proven yet to be strong performers. The Clarion SRQ line comes in around that price. There's a review on Talk Audio of SRE-1722S, which is the European equivalent of SRQ-1722S.

how do you like the Diamonds? ive always heard good stuff about the brand them but never really used there products

The Diamonds are pretty bright with their aluminum dome tweets. I have the 6x8 set. They are too bright for my taste. I used to like the bright MB Quarts tweeters when I was much younger. As I got older, I prefer more mellow soft/silk dome. The cross-over is very beefy, and you can decrease the tweet by -3db, but that still isn't enough in my application. The mid does pretty good.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.