Audiobahn AW1006Q, Need help/info please

custaa

Subwoofer I am dealing with:

Audiobahn AW1006Q

Audiobahn AW1006Q 10" Dual 4-ohm Voice Coil Subwoofer at Crutchfield.com

I recently purchased this subwoofer, and in the process of getting it setup correctly I became stumped. But no matter where I look, aside from this one crutchfield URL, its almost like this sub never existed. I cannot find a manual for it anywhere.

Does anyone have any idea where or how to find out more info about this woofer? I am looking for a backup set of technical stats/info from another reliable source. Thanks ahead of time!

It almost looks like they redesigned it and called it the AW1006T. You might get help emailing Audiobahn. I did that when I had a question about the AW1500Q. Also on the Crutchfield link look under details, it gives alot of info about the specs. I've not had alot of help asking about Audiobahn subs on here, people that answer usually just bash them (chrome, flames, etc), even though they get pretty loud. Some people do help though, just don't expect alot. Anyway hope this helps.

---------- Post added at 12:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 AM ----------

BTW what exactly are you looking for in the specs?

Emailing or calling or any other form of communication with audiobahn is friggin pointless, they have worse customer service than the Indian dude at the gas station who only knows how to say gas yes and no, I bought and have been running a three of the amps and two fried and are sending brand new replacements fukc them after the new ones come I'm selling all three immediatley

It almost looks like they redesigned it and called it the AW1006T. You might get help emailing Audiobahn. I did that when I had a question about the AW1500Q. Also on the Crutchfield link look under details, it gives alot of info about the specs. I've not had alot of help asking about Audiobahn subs on here, people that answer usually just bash them (chrome, flames, etc), even though they get pretty loud. Some people do help though, just don't expect alot. Anyway hope this helps. 

---------- Post added at 12:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 AM ----------

BTW what exactly are you looking for in the specs?
Yeah, the flames are interesting, but who cares if it performs just as good, if not better than one without the bling? I agree it gets pretty loud.. I am just nervous going off of the manual for the AW1006T as there has to be SOME differences or they wouldn't have given it a new model number. Am I right or just paranoid?

I am looking for Audiobahns information regarding the box size, port size etc.

Crutchfield mentions "Audiobahn recommends a ported enclosure with an internal volume of 1.714 cu/ft and one 4" diameter x 10.87" long port." but I cannot seem to find this information anywhere as verification.

They also say "The specifications in the Crutchfield database were taken from technical sheets provided by Audiobahn. Per Audiobahn, the specifications in the manual are incorrect. The woofer reviewed by Crutchfield did not come with a manual, but, according to Audiobahn, future shipments of this woofer will include a manual."

I know crutchfield is VERY reliable, but I am one who thrives off of information from multiple sources, not just one. Expecially when they grind on the manual being incorrect.

Emailing or calling or any other form of communication with audiobahn is friggin pointless, they have worse customer service than the Indian dude at the gas station who only knows how to say gas yes and no, I bought and have been running a three of the amps and two fried and are sending brand new replacements fukc them after the new ones come I'm selling all three immediatley
Yea, I haven't tried an amp through them but so far I am pleased with this sub. I have it in a temporary sealed box (I am in the process of building the ported one), and it matches what Crutchfield says but the sub gets BOILING hot. Like burn to the touch within 20 minutes of use with the Sony XM-2002GTW amp bridged and the subs voice coils ran in parallel.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.