whos fixing tenney alternators??

tdford5
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
ohio
my alt took a sh*t on me i have a tenney ad244 case 270 amp that has 14.4 volts at idle but loses voltage at rpm higher then idle took to advance tested failed any help ,or whos fixing these since tenney fell off the map

Mechman and singer both are fixing them if anyone bought one they need ro send them in to be checked asap cause one caught on fire. Also they do charge to fix them.

No no on the local alt shop most are no better. Just saying no idea what alln is wrong til they open her up but chances are $150+ on the repair.

Price will reflect the amp size. I had 5 alrs go bad from Tenney. But got a full refund they master card. I can get you a quote to have it fixed if you like from singer

Last edited by a moderator:
Best of luck on the repairs.

A lot of them are BAD. It may be something simple that caused it to fail, but it'll be a good bit more getting it back to non fire hazard status.

Last edited by a moderator:
Singer is also in Ohio I can give you a quote. But what I can tell is that mike usaully will just use the case and maybe the pulley. Not much more than that. To fix or rebuild it would $80 less than a new one in most Tenney alt cases.

**** i hate to see everyone having problems out of these alts like this. 2 of my teammates each has 2 350a alts as well the voltage regulators from Tenney, 1 of the guys only runs 1 alt because he's working on getting a bracket for both, the other runs both of his and neither have had a problem since they had them and its been a bit as well. they got theres before he tried to "merge or become" a bigger company or what ever he called himself doing. I hope that you can get your alt working correctly. Good Luck

yeah kinda of weird tenney disappeared from earth yeah ***** a$$ but luckily im in the works of tearing down my s10 to do a v8 swap so really wont be needing this till next spring but next time i'll the spend the extra $100 and go with singer

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

tdford5

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
tdford5
ohio
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date