Sundown Audio enclosure questions

mkiv

The Sun
Hey guys, im looking to upgrade my walmart pioneer ts w253r. Ive been thinking about the sundown sd-2 10d4. However due to the space constraints in my car i am only restricted to a .58 cubic feet sonicelectronix box. The reason for me wanting to upgrade is simply my old subwoofer isnt hitting hard enough, unless the bass boost is turned all the way up on the head unit and the amp. The sundown will be receiving 380 watts. So my main question is will the sundown sound better and louder than the sub i currently have? The car is a 1994 toyota supra

Thanks!

Actually both the E and the SD 10 needs only .5 sealed so you may as well go with the SD in case you wanna throw more power at it later. Another option would be go with the 8" and port that thing.

Maybe see what some of the more exp people on here think that's just my worthless 2 cents...

Thanks for your responses guys, i forgot to mention before the reason i picked the sundowns is because my enclosure has a max mounting depth of like 5 inches. I am open to suggestions for other subs that meet this criteria.

Thanks

Anybody else wanna chime in, Will the sd 2 10s sound good in a .58 sealed box with 380 rms. Also is this sub more for sound quality or loudness, because i want something with good sound quality.

Thanks

the sd-2 is fairly sq oriented when sealed. they can do spl in a proper ported box, but it's not their prowess.

i think the sd-2 is a great choice for you. its recommended sealed volume is .5 cubes, so i think it'll do quite well in just that.

could there be a problem with your amp? when you start turning up the bass boost where is the gain at? did the sub have good output without bass boost when you got it?

If you have the same cone area in the same box (if I understand correctly that is what you are doing right?) I don't see either of the subs being much louder if your amp is turned all the way up. I could be wrong maybe others have more insight.

could there be a problem with your amp? when you start turning up the bass boost where is the gain at? did the sub have good output without bass boost when you got it?
The gain is on the normal setting, about A third of the way up. On my previous car the sub was installed at best buy and I had the bass setting on my head unit super low, and the bass boost on the amp off. Although my old car also had 2 6.5 stock subwoofers, and was all smaller than my current car. I did the install in my new car myself.
If you have the same cone area in the same box (if I understand correctly that is what you are doing right?) I don't see either of the subs being much louder if your amp is turned all the way up. I could be wrong maybe others have more insight.
Not sure how much of a difference it makes but my current pioneer sub is only 200 rms

ok, ive decided to go with the sd 2 10, since i only want one subwoofer, and the amp is at 380 watts bridged at 4 ohms, do i need the 2 ohm, or the 4 ohm subwoofer? Since it says dual subwoofer, i assume this means its a dual voice coil, which meants ill need the 2 ohm right? Sorry guys im still a car audio newbie //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Thanks!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.