No Sound when Turning off "Power IC" on Alpine HU

Participant count
  • Participants list

clanderson

Nebraska
Hey guys, I just installed a new tiny Clarion XC1410 amp and when I turn off the Power IC on my Alpine 149BT HU, I get no sound. Is this ok? Should I keep the Power IC on? or is something wired wrong...?

When I had no power going to the amp, I didn't get sound before... So that makes me think it's hooked up right. But I thought you were supposed to turn off the Power IC when using an external amp.

Ahhh help!

Oh awesome, so if the XC1410 is spliced between the Alpine HU and my factory harness, I need the IC on? I thought you were supposed to turn off the Power IC when using an external amp?

Btw, thank you so much for recommending this amp, can't thank you enough!

Well, for some reason when I use my remote start to turn my car on, it won't turn off with my key. And when I dim my dash lights, the stereo light flickers/pulses on and off, something is wrong here... Any suggestions? :S

Well, for some reason when I use my remote start to turn my car on, it won't turn off with my key. And when I dim my dash lights, the stereo light flickers/pulses on and off, something is wrong here... Any suggestions? :S
Find a reputable shop in your area or a knowledgable friend to help you out. You are in too deep here.

Turns out my remote start is functioning normally, I just didn't notice it wouldn't shut off unless you press the brake pedal.

But, my Alpine 149BT still flickers when I dim my dash lights to a low level - I checked, and the orange (dimmer) wire is hooked up properly. This flickering is only negated by turning the Alpine's "Dimming" feature from "Auto" to "Manual". I found a thread from another forum with a user experiencing a similar problem...

Any suggestions?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.