Sign in to follow this  
clanderson

No Sound when Turning off "Power IC" on Alpine HU

Hey guys, I just installed a new tiny Clarion XC1410 amp and when I turn off the Power IC on my Alpine 149BT HU, I get no sound. Is this ok? Should I keep the Power IC on? or is something wired wrong...?

When I had no power going to the amp, I didn't get sound before... So that makes me think it's hooked up right. But I thought you were supposed to turn off the Power IC when using an external amp.

Ahhh help!

If you have the XC1410 wired to your head unit's speaker wires then you need the Power IC turned on. That's the internal amplifier on the head unit.

@BarrySchanz on social

Founder and CEO of Barry Schanz Enterprises, LLC

dba Rubyserv

Oh awesome, so if the XC1410 is spliced between the Alpine HU and my factory harness, I need the IC on? I thought you were supposed to turn off the Power IC when using an external amp?

Btw, thank you so much for recommending this amp, can't thank you enough!

Well, for some reason when I use my remote start to turn my car on, it won't turn off with my key. And when I dim my dash lights, the stereo light flickers/pulses on and off, something is wrong here... Any suggestions? :S

Well, for some reason when I use my remote start to turn my car on, it won't turn off with my key. And when I dim my dash lights, the stereo light flickers/pulses on and off, something is wrong here... Any suggestions? :S

Find a reputable shop in your area or a knowledgable friend to help you out. You are in too deep here.

Yes, that was my thought hahaha. Half of the trouble is dragging the wiring back out of the dash to diagnose the problem

Turns out my remote start is functioning normally, I just didn't notice it wouldn't shut off unless you press the brake pedal.

But, my Alpine 149BT still flickers when I dim my dash lights to a low level - I checked, and the orange (dimmer) wire is hooked up properly. This flickering is only negated by turning the Alpine's "Dimming" feature from "Auto" to "Manual". I found a thread from another forum with a user experiencing a similar problem...

Any suggestions?