Setting Low pass filter for sub accurately

Participant count
  • Participant list

Nut Hair Trick
10+ year member

Pubes
I'm trying to raise my LPF on my BC2000d. The problem is, it only has 2 numbers. One on the lowest end of the dial at (35), and one at the highest end of the dial at (250). How in the fvck, is someone supposed to set their shit at the right place? My only guess was to subtract 35 from 250 to get a range which is 215. If I divide that range in half i come up with a middle point of 107.5. Is this right? From there, I'm just supposed to guess between the middle setting of 107 to the lowest setting of 35?

Considering that most amps use a basic POT for the LPF setting, this is your best bet. Honestly the only true way to test that is to have a tone generator and measure the output for the different frequency bands. Also something to consider, I am sure there is a slop to that xover, most likely a 12-18 db/oct

You can "ballpark" it like you suggested, then test with a wide variety of music you're familiar with. There will be a region in the upper bass where your speakers just can't possibly keep up, and you either let the system be very bass heavy or you turn the bass down.

Considering that most amps use a basic POT for the LPF setting, this is your best bet. Honestly the only true way to test that is to have a tone generator and measure the output for the different frequency bands. Also something to consider, I am sure there is a slop to that xover, most likely a 12-18 db/oct
Thanks for the reply. I have the digital designs app on my phone with the tone generator. I will guess on the setting according to my calculations, then generate some tones and see how it falls off. I emailed Crescendo yesterday to find out what slope they used on this amp and havent gotten a reply.

Edit: I just found their manual online and it's actually a 24db slope. I figured it would be a 12 or 18

@Trumpet, I might be getting with you soon on one of those PPI 900.4's if you have any in stock. I have 2 Arc FD2200 biamping my front stage but want to go with a smaller footprint.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.