help amps advice

Participant count
  • Participant list

stereoguy

notown
Im stuck of what amp to buy 1st is the jl 1000/1 use bout $350...2nd sundown 1500d brand new $519 and rd3259.1 use $300..never heard bout the rd amp before..anyways i want power but not too hard on the charging system cause im only gonna have 0 gauge all around big3 and a front battery.lmk which is the powerful n hungry one out of all.lmk what yall think..thks

out of experience the slash is a power hogger, im not sure about the saz, i'm sure someone on here knows how that amp does, my .02 hope it was helpful. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

there is a physics law that states that if any 1 single device in a circuit draws more than 20% of the total output of the source then damage will incur to the source. so really you need to take the rated amperage of your alternator and determine what 20% would be. then any amp that does not exceed that number will not hurt your charging system. personally I would use the JL amp if you know it is in good working condition

Yea my alternator only put out 70amp i do plan on upgrade later on but just not anytime soon..the guys that has the rd3250 say he ran it in his car with no problem with just big3 0 gauge n a good battery but he did say not the full protential of the amp power but it work so i dont kno.

He say only 2 years old still look pretty clean from the pics i didnt ask if it was repair before but suppose to go test it out later on today..so u think that amp is pretty powerful n good? I saw a few clips on youtube but never heard of them or no anyone that has them i wonder how are the qaulity..

there is a physics law that states that if any 1 single device in a circuit draws more than 20% of the total output of the source then damage will incur to the source. so really you need to take the rated amperage of your alternator and determine what 20% would be. then any amp that does not exceed that number will not hurt your charging system. personally I would use the JL amp if you know it is in good working condition
Can you elaborate on this, I am not familiar with this law.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.