I NEED 6.5" AND 6x9 SPEAKERS, WHATCHA GOT?

dabruce11
10+ year member

Hello Everyone, Im looking to buy a pair of 6.5' and 6x9 speakers. Just got a hold of an Arc Audio FD 4150 Amp. My Setup looks like this:

2003 Mercedes G500

2 Diamond Audio TDX 15

1 Sundown SAZ2500

ARC AUDIO FD4150.....need speakers

250 Amp alternator

Powermaster D3100 Battery

Audiotechnix 80 mil Deadener on whole truck

Dynaliner on roof

I was looking for a clean, crisp to the ear and sound live at the same time. I listen to all sorts of different music, usually more rock/pop/techno/hip hop/R&b/acappella/Piano music. Eventually I was thinking of upgrading my dash with the Pioneer Prs880mp deck, but I don;t want to risk losing any value on my truck by doing so. Any and all ideas are needed!

I was looking at the Rainbow SLC 6.5" kick comps

Rainbow SL 6x9

Image Dynamics CTX 6.5/6x9

Hertz Hi energy The orange cones

The Phoenix Gold Elite series 6.5 components sound nice really nice, a buddy of mine has a set in his 350z.

The Crescendo Mezzo 6.5 components sound great too, but the tweeter is really deep so I'm not sure if it would fit in a factory location

ALL honestly, I don't wont to spend over $400.00 on both
If your looking at hertz ,I doubt you'll stay in that budget. I sell hertz and new will cost you about $600 for the low end models Actually all the components your looking for will cost 400+ just for the components. Don't thin you'll even be able to get them used in your budget

You'd do a lot better by spending that on the front speakers and leaving the 6x9s for later. You probably will need to do some sound deadening to make them sound their best.

hey guys, I guess I will have to spend a bit more than. The 6x9's are up front so I would need something for that. the 6.5's are in the rear. Would I be better off with a component set or coaxial with the Arc Audio Amp? Also, I am interested in the items listed Rainbow/hertz/image dynamics I have heard them in diffirent setups, not sure what models any of them were, but I seem to be attracted to those speakers.

hey guys, I guess I will have to spend a bit more than. The 6x9's are up front so I would need something for that. the 6.5's are in the rear. Would I be better off with a component set or coaxial with the Arc Audio Amp? Also, I am interested in the items listed Rainbow/hertz/image dynamics I have heard them in diffirent setups, not sure what models any of them were, but I seem to be attracted to those speakers.
also look at the cdt 6x9 components ,if you like them ,pm me for a price

alright so Im doing research on the CDT's and Crescendos now....which models were you guys suggesting on both the 6/9s and 6.5s. Are the speakers I listed not as good or why would you suggest the CDT/Crescendos over the Rainbows/Hertz/Image Dynamics?

alright so Im doing research on the CDT's and Crescendos now....which models were you guys suggesting on both the 6/9s and 6.5s. Are the speakers I listed not as good or why would you suggest the CDT/Crescendos over the Rainbows/Hertz/Image Dynamics?
The reason I suggested the Crescendos is for the quality you do get for the price. But they're only available in 6.5's for the Mezzo series.

Image Dynamic CTX speakers are very nice sounding but also have large motor designs with a long pole piece for the tweeter. Make sure you have enough mounting depth to allow these before if you decide to use them. If they fit you will definitaly be more than happy and you can stay pretty close to your original budget

Hey thanks guys...any other input on the other speakers that i have listed? I can't seem to find anyone near my with the CDT's so, at the moment I am not interested in them. I like to hear before I buy!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.