A couple of questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

john_doe_318
10+ year member

Ok i have 4 polk audio dbs70 nd wanted to kno a decent 4 channel amp to run around $100 $150

or would it even be worth it

should i get a diff set of components

ps is it bad to have my big 3 in 0/1 gauge nd my amp 4 gauge should i change this its in a 99 camaro

anyone else have a trans am firebird camaro that could tell me where they ran there wires be gentle im a newb

I see u guys talkin about newbs being dumazzez nd ignorant not wanting to learn im not that way i jus dont know alot about doin this car audio RIGHT i want to be able to do this correctly nd show my lil bro wen he ready js

To start, there isnt anything wrong with having 0/1 for big 3 and 4 to the amp. As long as the wire to the amp can handle the current the amp draws your in the clear. Depending on what you are looking at in the future, if the wire is not already pulled, going with 0/1 to the amp location will be better for future installs of higher power. For 100-150 on your amp, I would say there may be some good used ones out there people are willing to part with for this price, but brand new ones, this price range will only buy you disappointment from my experience. If you could give us a better idea of what kind of sound you like we may be able to give you a better idea of what to look for.

If you are limited on cash, put your money into a new set of front speakers and amp and a sub. Are you running the stock head unit?

What is the total budget you could swing right now for speakers, sub and amp(s)?

If you are limited on cash, put your money into a new set of front speakers and amp and a sub. Are you running the stock head unit?What is the total budget you could swing right now for speakers, sub and amp(s)?

I jus need a suggestion for a 4 channel amp for my polk audios i have a dd cm600 nd American bass dx or xd 12 we i was checkin if those polk audio would be a decent set of speakers

The polks are not bad speakers. I am not a big fan of MB quart ever since they were bought out by Maxsonics. Rockford is coming out with some decent stuff now but usually you have to get the upper crust, and ID has had some problems in the past few months. I dont want to come off as an audio snob, these are just my experiences. IIRC, the polk has a pretty high sensitivity and sound best with about 50watts. With that in mind you might could use one of the Alpine power packs that will give 45watts to your speakers and its small enough to tuck behind the HU. If you dont like that idea to get good SQ I would save a little more money and look at JL, Alpine PDX, Audison SR4, or ARC audio products. These are considered decently high end.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.