Questions on JL 13W6

Participant count
  • Participant list

Turnt Audio
10+ year member

I plan on ordering a JL 13W6 v2-D4 for a SUV I'm getting, I have heard good things about this sub and it seems like it will work for me because the W7's are too expensive, and I have a couple good amps for a sub this size. One is a MTX jackhammer JH600 (600w RMS @ 2 ohms), and a Rockford Fosgate power T500-1bd. The Rockford might be higher quality, but the MTX will still be better for this sub, right?

This JL 13" is dual 4-ohm, so that means I just hook it up and it will be a 2-ohm sub, correct? So I can get the 600w RMS from my MTX amp...

Is this sub "amazing" like what some of the reviews say? Will it provide good bass for a small SUV?

If you wire it correctly you can present the amp with a 2 ohm load, or incorrectly wired it will present an 8 ohm load. And 600 watts is not going to get you anything "amazing"

Yea that setup would be really nice. And in the future if you want more you can always add another one. What kind of box are you using with it?

If the W6 is used how it is intended to be its a great woofer. Its a true SQ sub meaning it is designed to blend in with a good front stage and be transparant. It is not designed for output but its not to shabby. Its not a low end monster it will cover the entire bandwidth with the same output IF the box is built like it should be. Thats how it should be used.

If the W6 is used how it is intended to be its a great woofer. Its a true SQ sub meaning it is designed to blend in with a good front stage and be transparant. It is not designed for output but its not to shabby. Its not a low end monster it will cover the entire bandwidth with the same output IF the box is built like it should be. Thats how it should be used.
So basically a ported box on the large side tuned low, like 28 or so hz, correct? What kind of port area do you shoot for in a setup like this?

So basically a ported box on the large side tuned low, like 28 or so hz, correct? What kind of port area do you shoot for in a setup like this?
Sealed 707 box for the best results. Ported around 3 cubes with 12sq per tuned mid 30hz range. Its a waste tuning any lower and to much port will lose cone control. That will keep it flat not boomy

Sounds like a good choice and much better than my Kicker L5 12". My question now is: what are the best subs out there to pair with my MTX JH600 amp? I would like as much output as possible, but dont really want all low end like the L5 I had. Something 600-1000w RMS (2 ohm), and under $1000.

I brought up the JL 13" because I thought that's one of the best choices for me, but is there anything better? I prefer one 12/13", but I'm open to 2 10's or something.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.