tens, twelves....? real world difference?

des343
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I have two ten inch XFLs a guy has two 12 inch XFLs wants to save space and go to tens one of his has a dent in dust cap mine are flawless..

Would it be worth it? Would would the ACTUAL difference in output be? What could I expect..would you do it (personal opinions as well are welcome)

Minimum gains really but I would depend on the box and how the new box reacts with the resonance frequency of the car. Remember since the box takes up more room in the car it raises the cars frequency resulting in the subs innate size advantage to be nulled as far as playing lower due to it being a 12 instead of a ten. But it will move move air making it seem louder to the ear. A good box can counter act what I stated above and possibly allow the sub to be louder if optimized to better line up with the new cabin frequency. Allowing the cabins natural gain factor to efficiently boost the subs performance

Okay well I'll prob do it then thing about the tens is when people say "those are tens?!" Lol but anyway to take a dent out of the dustcap?

i have runs 10's and 12's and of the same model subs run in the manufactured recommended box. The difference is very minimal. 10's play about the same as 12's. Now if you decide to go up to 15's you will most definitely see a noticeable difference.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

des343

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
des343
Kalamazoo, MI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date