new to forums, need some advice.

Participant count
  • Participant list

civicsound

Hello everyone, I'm new here and pretty much a beginner when it comes to car audio. I bought a car with an upgraded stereo system in it. It also came with a very small amp mounted in the trunk(not sure of the watts). So I got 2 12" subs on a really good deal and hooked everything up. The setup sounds "ok" at best so I need some advice on making it sound more crisp.

So when I don't have the subs on the sound from my speakers and tweeters sound fine. All crisp and clean, just no bass of course. Now when I turn the subs on the speaker sound seems to lower and sound less crisp. I have no idea what I need to do to make it all sound proper.

Do I need my speakers louder and then add the subs? Or do I need to start from scratch because I'm missing something?

nned to know subs, amp, head unit etc //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif settings

what car ? what subs and amp ? and what speakers and deck ? sounds like you may need to do a few things to help the subs and amp work better ,if possible.

I've got 2 12" pioneer 240 watt subs, a visonik amp( really small don't know the wattage). A Sony xpod in the driver door and an alpine in the passenger door with stock tweeters in the doors too. 2 6x9 pioneers in the back and a pioneer super tuner 3 deck.

chances are that if the cars electrical is all stock , better amp kit /wires .also the amp is garbage ,as are the speakers .i'd start all over .or at least change the door speakers ,big 3 ,for starters,then a new amp and one for the speakers ,then maybe a extra battery or replace the one under the hood .

I completely agree that the amp and speakers are crap but the wiring under the hood have been changed with better ones. Previous owner tuned this civic very well and everything is not original except those **** tweeters haha. Battery is only a few months old also. Thanks for the advice I'll have to do some price checking. Id like to go all pioneer since its what the majority of the setup anyway and I like the brand.

I completely agree that the amp and speakers are crap but the wiring under the hood have been changed with better ones. Previous owner tuned this civic very well and everything is not original except those **** tweeters haha. Battery is only a few months old also. Thanks for the advice I'll have to do some price checking. Id like to go all pioneer since its what the majority of the setup anyway and I like the brand.
well pioneer is ok at best .the decks are fine ,the subs ,not so good like the amps . there is one set f components that is decent tho .but thats it.being that the system is kind of slapped together i'd say that the power wires for the amp ,prolly aren't as god as you may think

Try this: swap the polarity of the wires going to your sub box. Seriously. Assuming your door speakers aren't high passed at all, and they sound fine with no subs playing, I bet the sub is simply out of phase with the main speakers. Super easy fix if so.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.