2013 Civic SI replacement sub

Participant count
  • Participant list

ArrizX
10+ year member

Scout 800 owner.
Basically just looking for something to put in the back deck. I have some stuff I am gathering but I dont know when Ill actually put it all in so now I need something that gives a little more bass, and is free air...

Whats a good little free air sub? I think its an 8 back there. I was just looking at either the ID 8 or sundown 8 but on the website the ID 8 doesnt specify that it can do IB, neither does sundown.

Would either be good for the rear deck or should I look at something else? Entire 'premium' system is a joke at 320 watts so I dont know how much the sub will actually see, either.

I have a 2012 civic si with the "premium audio" and i agree it is a joke. It would be pointless to put in a new sub and keep the stock amplifier bc you're most likely going to see around the same output. I currently am in the process of changing everything out for audio.

its gonna be a pain to remove the factory sub. apparently you have to take out the whole back seat to remove it. also the srs harness is routed near the rear deck so be careful when removing the seat bottom, seat back, both c pillar panels and rear deck cover not to pinch any wires/harness. the factory amp can handle a 2 ohm load on the sub channel but is probably only getting close to 100 watts.

Basically just looking for something to put in the back deck. I have some stuff I am gathering but I dont know when Ill actually put it all in so now I need something that gives a little more bass, and is free air...
Whats a good little free air sub? I think its an 8 back there. I was just looking at either the ID 8 or sundown 8 but on the website the ID 8 doesnt specify that it can do IB, neither does sundown.

Would either be good for the rear deck or should I look at something else? Entire 'premium' system is a joke at 320 watts so I dont know how much the sub will actually see, either.
Grab the D4 link was for the d2

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.