3500 watt amp with 3000 watt subs

jigsISF

So I found a good deal on a saz-3500 amp and have ordered 2 FI Q 12" subs (1500 Rms/each).

I was just curious as if this would be too much power for those subs. I know that I will have to keep the gain down as to prevent clipping and such (I think I saw some tutorials online on how to set the gain with the DMM), but would I be better off with a saz-25000?

Not looking to win any competitions here, and I definitely won't be slamming my speakers 24/7, but I do enjoy the occasional THUMP that is why I am getting this system.

Thanks in advance

I've have my two sd-2 tens on a steady diet of 1500watts rms since after break in with a saz1500d 1ohm now a kx2500.1 at 4ohms

My subs are 500rms each.

1st thing to do is set gains with no clipping. Do not use any boost of any kind. No bass boost on radio,amp,crossover if you had one. If your HU has a ton of level boost options like mine does...don't use them

Clean signal you should be fine. But listen to your subs too they will tell ya when they get to much

Setting gains with an oscilloscope is much easier and more accurate. But to answer your question, yes those subs will handle that amp just fine.

Is there any reason you're choosing the Q over the BL? Most people seem to jump straight to the Q without doing research about subs.

Setting gains with an oscilloscope is much easier and more accurate. But to answer your question, yes those subs will handle that amp just fine.
Is there any reason you're choosing the Q over the BL? Most people seem to jump straight to the Q without doing research about subs.
I will look into the oscilloscope, thanks guys. Well I really wanted the BL but I have an ISF and my trunk space is very limited. I went with a sealed box just because I will still have trunk space left. The BL's I read can't be placed in a sealed box.

I will look into the oscilloscope, thanks guys. Well I really wanted the BL but I have an ISF and my trunk space is very limited. I went with a sealed box just because I will still have trunk space left. The BL's I read can't be placed in a sealed box.
Look for a ARM DSO nano oscilloscope. I believe you can find the v1 for about $70 and the new v3 for about $100. And if you're going sealed then yes, a Q is a good sub for that application. I'm always a fan of inverse mounting subs if they're in sealed boxes so you can smell them if they start to stink.. If you do invert them, you've just got to wire or set your amp 180 degrees out of phase.

sealed will help the subs handle that power mechanically, but not as much thermally.
What do you have for electrical to support that amp???
For now only a stock alternator (180 amp), buying a XS D2400 for the front, still doing research/not sure on what/how many batts to get for the rear, big 3 upgrade with 1/0 OFC wire and also amp power/grnd with same 1/0 wire. What you think? I know I'll need a higher output alternator but noone makes one ready for my car (2008 ISF) and I don't have time to take mine out and send it to get boosted up. You think if I kee the gain down a bit I won't run into probs?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.