What single 18" to replace my 2 12" XCONS?

Firebird 1991
10+ year member

Stroked
Well i've had my 2 12" SSA xcons d2 for longer than i usaully keep anything so now im ready to switch it up.

I had the pair on my saz3000d @ 0.5ohm. Electrical is good: mechman 270 alt, red top up front, deka 9a31 in back, big 3.

Im looking to do 1 18" that can take my saz3k at 0.5ohm or 1ohm. I have plenty of room for a box (2004 Eddie Bauer Explorer with 3rd row removed)

What suggestions do you guys have? Im not chasing numbers, this is just my daily ground pounder. I want low and loud (SQL) (listen to rap/hiphop)

Thanks fellas

how much can the LMS ultra's be found for used?

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

Kr15 would a 18" zcon do good on my power?

good suggestions guys. Ill check the mayhem out. Owned a 12" havoc a few years back and reallly enjoyed that woofer.

---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

dont really want to spend over 700

Throw the mayhem out, it doesnt "kill" lows, Havocs are much more low friendly than the mayhem. Definitely look at the HDD. Ive heard that LVl 5s are ok in this scenario, but cant confirm..as far as zcon on that power, my teammate ran 2 15s on 2 bc5500s strapped daily. it will be fine.

Throw the mayhem out, it doesnt "kill" lows, Havocs are much more low friendly than the mayhem. Definitely look at the HDD. Ive heard that LVl 5s are ok in this scenario, but cant confirm..as far as zcon on that power, my teammate ran 2 15s on 2 bc5500s strapped daily. it will be fine.
The mayhem has a low Fs, high xmax, lots of motor force (and a high sensitivity on top of that... even though SPL isn't his goal) How does it not kill lows?

Since when is FS 33hz low for 18, ive used 10s in the upper 20s. BL is respectable and Xmax is on par with any other sub in this category; all that said TS specs only tell half the story i you dont know how to interpret them. Any sub I mentioned is better suited to low end than the mayhem

as an aside, the sp4 is fs24hz with 33 xmax, opposed to 33fs and 30xmax

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.