Best cheap coaxials and HU for car that will soon be sold?

Participant count
  • Participant list

OneKrazyKeebler
10+ year member

JUST ME
I'm looking to replace the speakers in my 1996 acura integra. I've been out of the car audio scene for a few years now, mainly because of financial reasons. I'm looking to upgrade my daily driver (looking a a 07 335i... hehe) and need something decent and cheap to throw in there before I sell it. The front speakers don't work, rear stock speakers are crap, head unit looks like someone bought off craigslist for $20, road noise is horrible from factory on these cars, blah blah blah.... its all crap. Bbeen my daily 30+ mpg beater for about 9 months now.

I've searched and searched, found out whats good and bad, but haven't found what I'm looking for. I'm in need of coaxial speakers, front and rear and a cheap single din head unit to throw in there. Not running an amp (I know, I know) because car will be sold in a couple months. I am not trying to setup an audiophile sysyem, just something relatively nice for a few dollars. I will install everything myself. I am game to experiment cheap stuff that someone has been wanting to tryout for shats and giggles. Trying to keep it all under $200. Plan to experiment with some CLD tiles while I have the door panels off because I will be using them on my 62 Impala I am building now because they are cheap enough and I want to see the before and after affect before I use them in a real build.. Prefer new but good used stuff someone has laying around is just fine too. Let's see what you guys come up with..... Thanks in advance.

I got a pioneer head unit that's 8 months old but looks brand new. I have 6.5 and 6x9 also, the 6x9 never saw power I'll take 70$ shipped for it all

Get a couple of Infinity Reference coaxial sets at about 50-60 a pop from amazon and the cheapest brand name (Sony, etc) head unit with USB and bluetooth. The buyer of the car will love this, as long as he is under 35-ish or so. Spend no more than $200 on everything unless buying used.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.